Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Closest thing to Cuban??
What is the closest thing to the real thing. Figured if I can't make it to Canada or Mexico I'll get the next closest thing.
Date a Cuban..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
some delis make a fantastic cuban sandwich. it's all in the pickle. can't imagine they'd be that much better actually in cuba, let alone canada or mexico.
From your intro post you said that you just started smoking cigars. There are TONS of great cigars out there I would just start trying a bunch of cigars, most every cigar that is brought up on this forum are great smokes, I would try many of those before looking for something that tastes Cuban. While Cuba does make good smokes, they are not the end all be all.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
(02-24-2012, 06:18 PM)Mark Wrote: From your intro post you said that you just started smoking cigars. There are TONS of great cigars out there I would just start trying a bunch of cigars, most every cigar that is brought up on this forum are great smokes, I would try many of those before looking for something that tastes Cuban. While Cuba does make good smokes, they are not the end all be all.

this is true. there was a time when the only good cigars were cuban. but that time has come and gone. some great cigars available to us. and don't buy what you read in the catalogs from the big box retailers. that box of 25 cigars you've never heard of for 20 dollars is not exactly like the real thing.
(02-24-2012, 06:22 PM)scott81425 Wrote: and don't buy what you read in the catalogs from the big box retailers. that box of 25 cigars you've never heard of for 20 dollars is not exactly like the real thing.

Scott is right. A lot of those cigars in those catalogs are garbage. If its too good to be true or you have never heard of it, pass on it. Dont pull a "Denali"! lol
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Haiti is pretty close to Cuba.
--Mike
(02-24-2012, 06:22 PM)scott81425 Wrote:
(02-24-2012, 06:18 PM)Mark Wrote: From your intro post you said that you just started smoking cigars. There are TONS of great cigars out there I would just start trying a bunch of cigars, most every cigar that is brought up on this forum are great smokes, I would try many of those before looking for something that tastes Cuban. While Cuba does make good smokes, they are not the end all be all.

this is true. there was a time when the only good cigars were cuban. but that time has come and gone. some great cigars available to us. and don't buy what you read in the catalogs from the big box retailers. that box of 25 cigars you've never heard of for 20 dollars is not exactly like the real thing.

Bang on the money ..... both of these guys.

Take it from me ..... I can get Cuban cigars without issue due to where I live and the fact that I hit the duty free stores twice a month, and as far as I'm concerned there are better cigars out there that are freely available to you guys stateside.

I have my favourites from Cuba, but the "new World" cigars are right there as well.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
When I first starting smoking I thought Cubans would be the best thing out there. After smoking one, I realized they aren't better than the others. I love a monte #2or4 but give me a Cain Daytona or undercrown any day and I am happy. And there are probably a ton others over Cubans. I find you get plugged cigars more from Cuba then the legal places. That's when sjs cones I with his pokers!!! Haha
(02-24-2012, 06:44 PM)Parkster Wrote:
(02-24-2012, 06:22 PM)scott81425 Wrote:

Bang on the money ..... both of these guys.

Take it from me ..... I can get Cuban cigars without issue due to where I live and the fact that I hit the duty free stores twice a month, and as far as I'm concerned there are better cigars out there that are freely available to you guys stateside.

I have my favourites from Cuba, but the "new World" cigars are right there as well.

I really hate to agree with Dave but he is right there are so many great cigars that we can easily get. I hardly reach for cubans anymore and usually when I end up smoking a Johnny O.
--Mike