Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Habanos SA 2012 Deletions
Here is the list of 2012 deletions by HSA...

Bolívar Corona Extra
Cuaba Tradicionales
Fonseca Fonseca No.1
Hoyo de Monterrey Churchill
La Gloria Cubana Tainos
Punch Petit Corona del Punch
El Rey del Mundo Petit Corona
Romeo y Julieta Corona + Petit Princess
Sancho Panza Molinos
Trinidad Robusto T + Robusto Extra
Vegas Robaina Clásicos + Familiar

So the Boli CE is the most surprising to me... though not nearly one of my favorites, it still should have a production spot imho.

Fonseca is an underexposed marca, which I guess is good because there are more for me... the KDT Cadete is a perfect little quick smoke. The No. 1 is good, though never a mainstay for me.

Too bad about the LGC Tainos

And it is always sad to see a Trinidad go away... just as long as they keep the Fundadores, Coloniales, and Reyes, I will keep my sanity.

I am most saddened by the VR deletions. My favorite marca, and both of these are very nice cigars - refined and rich.

I like the Cuaba Tradicionales. I have a box from about 2008. Nice smooth medium length smoke.

I agree with Bill on the Trinidads.
Almirante Pirata
Fonseca is a favorite of mine.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
You could see it coming a mile away with the Trinidad Robustos. Great cigar but overpriced...
Sorry to see the VRs go as well. I can live with the rest.
(02-03-2012, 08:17 PM)Riofan Wrote: You could see it coming a mile away with the Trinidad Robustos. Great cigar but overpriced...
Sorry to see the VRs go as well. I can live with the rest.

Totally agree.... though the BCEs were a bit of a shock I guess...

do they discontinue cigars solely on the lack of sales?
If smoking cigars is on the Dark Side, I guess i'll never see the light!Unguard2
One would think that was the only reason, but it seems that sometimes the cuts defy logic.

I really love the churchill size and have been looking for the la gloria cubana tainos. Sucks that they are discontinued when i am really getting into cigars.
Even though a cigar gets discontinued it's often available in distribution for a little while as existing supplies sell through. I may know of six boxes of Bolivar Gold Medals that were acquired AFTER they were disco'd... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin