Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nica Libre
So last night I went fishing with a buddy of mine and caught absolutely nothing, as planned. However, it did allow me to perform a test I had been waiting for:

The challenger
Nica Libre

vs.

The belt holder
Padron

Well, I fired the Padron maduro up first. It had a little spice, a lot of flavor, and made me quite happy. The burn was perfect, everything was great. I smoked it down to a nub. Very pleased, and was not so sure the $2.75 Nica Libre would hold a candle to the $5.45 Padron.

Boy was I wrong. For those die hard Padron fans out there, I suggest you hit the back button immediately.

I ate a cookie to cleanse the pallate and lit up the Nica Libre. The draw was near the same, but it felt a little looser inside. My initial thought was that it was good, but didnt hold its own against the Padron.

Well after about 5 puffs, things started to stack up and the Nica Libre was burning and tasting wonderful. Dare I say, just as good as the Padron. It was a stellar smoke, especially at half the price. I did not have a single complaint. It even got hot LATER than the Padron did, so I smoked it even farther.

IMHO, the Nica Libre won. It was fight till about half way, but then the Nice Libre started running with it. When you take into account that a box of 20 is $54, it cannot be beat.

I realize this thread may be met with some resistance, so please dont hate on me, I was just reporting my personal showdown.

[Image: 0618092005.jpg]

Edit: I preface this by saying that when I was at CI for meet with doubled, I was given a freebie of the Nice Libre to compare it to the box of Padron 3000 Maduros I was about to buy. The guy saved me $50 by recommending it. I was impressed, especially for CI.
Great write up david...going to have to pick one of these up this weekend!! Happy Fathers Day [cigar]
I know they look suspiciously like a padron anni, which made me want to try it even before the review.  Looks like i'm going to have to re-bookmark Cbid.
Thanks dude, I am always down to try a new smoke.

I will have to pick one up if I can find it.
I like smoking lightning
Anyone interested in a box split?    They don't seem to be on cbid, and all the 5packs are sold out.
yeah. Vitamin G.  I'm in on the Box Split! 
bipolar Wrote:yeah. Vitamin G.  I'm in on the Box Split! 
I would go in on a split too.  Who sells them?
I like smoking lightning
CI is the only place i've seen. 

Edit :  Ordered a box of the princep, whtch is the 4.5x46 stick. 

We have room for one more 5pk.   The box was $55ish after shipping/tax, so say $15 for the 5pk shipped? 

Sounds interesting
"For the man who takes success with ease"
Vitamin G Wrote:CI is the only place i've seen. 

Edit :  Ordered a box of the princep, whtch is the 4.5x46 stick. 

We have room for one more 5pk.   The box was $55ish after shipping/tax, so say $15 for the 5pk shipped? 

pm me your address and I will send you the moula.

Thanks for getting this going
I like smoking lightning