Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New cigar holder for golf and much more
Ok so I finally did some testing of this and here's the review I just emailed them.

Hi Gary this is jitzy from stogiechat, so I got to try the holder a few times now and have to say I do like it but not in love with it. One great thing I like about it is I could clip it to the cart right in front of me instead of on my bag which is great and it's also big enough to hold almost any size cigar without issue. Also I like the the fact that it doesn't crush my cigar but that also in lies the problem I had with it. If I forgot the cigar in the holder and my partner drove the cart the cigar slid into the well of the holder and is kinda a pain to get out of there. I would love to see somekind of a rubber surface that the cigar rests on and I think that would sort of act as a grip to hold the cigar more in place and then I think I would love this. Thanks so much for the opportunity to try this if you have any questions of me about what I mean feel free to give me a call.
Also it looks very different from the original pic which I think is better.

[Image: 88CED2F7-03D3-42C7-AB5F-1E56312581B6-519...B2A10E.jpg]
(12-29-2012, 01:07 PM)jitzy Wrote: Also it looks very different from the original pic which I think is better.

[Image: 88CED2F7-03D3-42C7-AB5F-1E56312581B6-519...B2A10E.jpg]

Thanks Jitzy, you have a good memory. The image from about one year ago was from the CAD software being developed at the time. After testing a proto type, that design just would not work, looked nice, but was very limited to what it would clamp to for the intended use.

You are right, when the cigar gets shorter and someone (normally a nonsmoker not thinking about your cigar) moves the cart and hits the brakes (hard enough) the cigar can slide into the tray. The good news is you still have your cigar, safe, clean, and not on the floor of the cart being stepped on.

To get a tacky surface on the rest area of the tray would require an over mold. This would takes another mold, labor and material which adds cost. For example the feet on the ends of the clamp are over molded with a soft tacky material so they grip slick surfaces and won't scratch anything they are clamped to. I had to have two molds made for these little things and they cost almost as much as the other big pieces to produce. For over molding it's not a lights out injection, someone has to sit there put the molded pieces back into the next mold. There is also far more waste of this tacky material than what stays on the part. If I over mold the rest area I will not be able to keep Perfecto Cigar Holder at a retail price of $19.95.

Thank you very much for the feedback and enjoy your Perfecto Cigar Holder. Gary
Ok, problem may be solved, I epoxied a small piece of rubber in there and will see if this is any better.
[Image: F92DA1E0-C01D-4B1F-AF5A-49745A37C3E9-519...9F1E8D.jpg]
Very good Joe.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore