Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scottish Tablet Toffee
Thanks Dave!
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
Looks and sounds delicious!

Sounds great Dave....similar when I make start to make maple-walnut fudge...only add more time.

I'm definitely going to give it a try!

Do you recommend any specific size & type of trays?
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
8" x 10" is the one I use usually, but the 2 10" round trays were handier as I had a thin and thick batch made.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
How thick do you make it?
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I just pour it until there is nothing left in the pan ........ LOL
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Dave....my wife just told me the hell with the recipe.....

.....she wants you to come & deliver some personally. She said it's about time she meets you! Big Grin
Dave, I felt a little adventurous today so I decided to make your Tablet Toffee. It is cooling now and looks delicious. I think we may have it after Sunday dinner tonite.

I even used the Spurtle you gifted me at MoSun so many years ago.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Superb Mark .... how did it turn out .. smooth or gritty, be honest?

The way I see it is this ...... I must lose a couple of pounds making it, so it justifies eating it hahahahaha
Sounds great Dave. I have 4 bags of Heath English Toffee bits in the pantry as we speak and is an all time fave here. I use it for brownies, bars and scones. Is this soft like fudge or divinity to be eaten with a spoon or harder?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.