Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 C.A. Cigars of year..
I have had a few AB's, and cant say they were a dog rocket for the money
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
(01-03-2012, 09:02 AM)nayslayer Wrote: Well they are going to be posted shortly. I know some don't care for the mag, but they are important to retailers.

Here is the breakdown of how this year's list of Top 25 Cigars will be released on Cigar Aficionado Online:

Tuesday, January 3: Cigars No. 10, 9 and 8
Wednesday, January 4: Cigars No. 7, 6 and 5
Thursday, January 5: Cigars No. 4, 3 and 2
Friday, January 6: Cigar of the Year
Monday, January 9: Remainder of the Top 25
Tuesday, January 10: Best Bargain Cigars of 2011

They are really milking it this year
10. Casa Magna Colorado Diadema
9. Warlock Robusto
8. Punch Double Corona
7. Cabaiguan Guapo
6. Rocky Patel Fifteenth Anniversary Torpedo
5. Padrón 1964 Anniversary Series Exclusivo Maduro
4. Partagás Serie P No. 2
3. Illusione Epernay Le Taureau
2. La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Belicoso
1. Alec Bradley Prensado Churchill

That's proof right there that the Mayan calendar is accurate
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
(01-07-2012, 03:26 AM)MikeD Wrote: I need to get back on track. I only heard of 3 of those 10 cigars

Undecided

I heard of them.....but only smoked 1 or 2 of them....
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
(01-04-2012, 02:57 PM)MaytagMan Wrote:
(01-03-2012, 01:34 PM)Herbs Wrote: Warlock Robusto really?

~~H

They are getting a lot of $hit for that on Twitter, and rightfully so.

What idiocy. Of course, I have come to expect such things from CA. Smile

This top ten is as bad as DJ Premier's best albums of 2011.

It just seems like an they had a limited sample of cigars I mean these are some of the same cigars that have been around for a while. Can't they check out new brands I mean where's Curivari ???

With that said I don't doubt all of these are great cigars just maybe the top ten should look different
Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.
George Carlin
The AB's I have smoked are "OK" but NEVER a number 1 cigar of 2011 which is why CA have no cred on that list this year ........ decision based on advertising money ...... simple as that ...... no way on this earth is an AB cigar better than a Cain .... and they never even made the list, never mind the Padron 64 Maduro that only scored 5th.

In my opinion an AB is a young cigar, has some way to go, and shows some potential ..... just my opinion.

Nuff said.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
(01-09-2012, 02:49 PM)Parkster Wrote: The AB's I have smoked are "OK" but NEVER a number 1 cigar of 2011 which is why CA have no cred on that list this year ........ decision based on advertising money ...... simple as that ...... no way on this earth is an AB cigar better than a Cain .... and they never even made the list, never mind the Padron 64 Maduro that only scored 5th.

In my opinion an AB is a young cigar, has some way to go, and shows some potential ..... just my opinion.

Nuff said.

age it and it turns to... lets just say they taste better fresh. imho.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
lol skipper. They released the top bargain smokes, some good smokes in that list. I'm not going to paste all of it here, but worth a look...
http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatur...w/id/16315
No Justice, No Peace!
Interesting how that POS made #1 but the rest of his sheet scored in the 80's
(01-10-2012, 12:56 PM)Bogey Wrote: Interesting how that POS made #1 but the rest of his sheet scored in the 80's

Most likely because of where it's made and the tobaccos used. Raices Cubanas(casa fernandez) has been putting out top 25 cigars every year for a while. They grow some of the best leaf.

Illusione Epernay
Illusione
Casa Fernandez
Padilla 1932
Viaje Reserva

to name a few. I'm guessing his other smokes aren't made there.

Illusione Epernay
Illusione
Casa Fernandez
Padilla 1932
Viaje Reserva

Very good smokes indeed