Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google removes 22 app scams
I guess they don't test all the apps before they release them like appl. You knew it was going to happen. AHOLES

Google has removed 22 so-called “RuFraud” apps from its Android Market after it was discovered they could jack phones into sending out expensive text messages, the BBC reported Wednesday.

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/201...app-scams/

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

i'm not worried.
If that's all they do (or can do) I'd spot it in a heart beat and stop it. Further, most of us have unlimited text messaging. No harm/no foul.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
Driod is great, but you do have to worry about what the apps are really doing in the background. How many people use their phone like a laptop anymore. Accessing PayPal, bank accounts, eBay, Facebook, etc. Put a keylogger into a popular app and the knowledge becomes cash for the hackers. Apple may be strict, but there has not been a breach like that with their OS. The worst was their own software keeping tower information for service diagnostics which was later claimed to be a privacy issue due to how much data it stored.
(12-15-2011, 09:55 PM)Admin Wrote: Driod is great, but you do have to worry about what the apps are really doing in the background. How many people use their phone like a laptop anymore. Accessing PayPal, bank accounts, eBay, Facebook, etc. Put a keylogger into a popular app and the knowledge becomes cash for the hackers. Apple may be strict, but there has not been a breach like that with their OS. The worst was their own software keeping tower information for service diagnostics which was later claimed to be a privacy issue due to how much data it stored.

I just saw it on the yahoo finance page and passed it on as a public service announcement. If anyone had them to alert you. Nothing else here makes sense since I STILL don't have a smart phone. I did see a new Iphone in a target ad for $155 I'm fighting real bad and have til Saturday to get it.

I thought EVERYBODY used their phone like a laptop to access the net. It always bothered me you guys talking about having to restore your phones and I'm NOT up for that hassle.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

I have a android phone for work and looking though apps there is a pulse reader that apparently uses the phones camera to read your pulse.. figured I'd give it a try. anyway it wanted access to EVERYTHING on your phone. I was like uhh no..
Lots of suspicious apps out there..
i have th epulse reader. It's cool but a real battery drainer.
Most of those warnings about what the app is accessing is way over stated. But honestly, dont do anything on your phone you need to protect. period.
I have banking apps for my 2 banks but have them "just in case" I have yet to use them.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
ANyone hear about CarrierIQ?
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/12...q-ftc-fcc/
http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenber...-of-cases/