Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How old are you?
(12-09-2011, 12:52 AM)carl609 Wrote: I remember pretty clearly when the Challenger blew up. I was in the first or second grade and it was a big deal because a teacher was onboard. A few classes got together to watch it on tv. I remember the teachers crying, but dont think any of us kids really knew what happened.

Growing up in Lowell, MA, this was a particularly traumatic event. The teacher, Christa McAuliffe, was from Boston, and taught in Concord, NH (less than 60mi away) I was in first or second grade s well, ans we spent weeks leading up to the launch doing solar system stuff. we all did watch it on TV in class, the first time I remember that happening. It took a while to get over.

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
Like most of the younger members, I think we only have really seen 9/11 and Iraq/Afghanistan. We also saw the first black president elected. I do remember making mix tapes with my parents old stereo and playing them in my walkman while cutting the grass.
Hahaha, making mix tapes! What about waiting for a certain song to play on the radio and trying to record it.

What about the dawn of the internet... we had those free aol cds, and had to keep track of how many minutes we used.
I like smoking lightning
It's funny, I don't remember laser discs at all, but I remember going to the Gateway store out in Braintree (ordering online was basically non-existant) and ordering our new PC (over $1,000) that has Windows 98 and this new thing called a DVD player. I remember all of the kids in my neigborhood coming over to see a movie played on a cd (and how uncomfortable sitting in an office chair to watch a movie was). I also remember buying our first home DVD player at Circuit City and the first release of T2 on DVD with the metal case.

I sold most of my movie collection a few weeks ago, but saved the first DVD I ever got, Detroit Rock City and the metal cased T2.

wow, thats pretty awesome riofan. I remember watching a rocket launch in kindergarten, not sure what one it was. I also remember watching Ronald Regan getting sworn in first grade. Somewhere along the way was the Princess Diana wedding that my grandma was fascinated with. Also remember being in catholic school and standing up and saying a prayer for the astronauts and them wheeling in some old tv to watch some coverage.
No Justice, No Peace!
MY FIRST CAR HAD AN 8-TRACK IN IT
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
(12-12-2011, 01:01 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: MY FIRST CAR HAD AN 8-TRACK IN IT

Now THATS old!
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
(12-12-2011, 02:40 PM)blacklabel Wrote: 27

Hmmmm. . . on the 27th reply in this thread, too. Coincidence? I think not.
TL,
Tim
I remember drive in movies, Southern Comfort, and this cute redhead them were the days and all vehicles had a 8 track....SAM