Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How long does it take.....
(10-17-2011, 05:44 PM)jam Wrote: I agree with all of you according to Rocky Patel all his cigars are ready out of the package because they have have been sitting for years i say thats Bull S---

They have been sitting for years. On the shelves that is cause no one wants them. Tongue
(10-17-2011, 08:31 PM)jitzy Wrote:
(10-17-2011, 05:44 PM)jam Wrote: I agree with all of you according to Rocky Patel all his cigars are ready out of the package because they have have been sitting for years i say thats Bull S---

They have been sitting for years. On the shelves that is cause no one wants them. Tongue

LOL !!! Wow !!!!!Lol1
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.
Steven Wright
(10-17-2011, 08:31 PM)jitzy Wrote:

Ouch!
I think it takes at least a year for a cigar to age enough to see a signifigant difference in taste. With cigars that I have not had before, I buy several of them. Smoke 1 or 2 now, then revisit them again after 6 months and then again after a year and so on. This way you can find the age that really makes the cigar great.

If it is a cigar such as a Padron 1926 or 1964, it is made with well aged tobacco and I have not seen any advantage to letting it age for a year before I smoke it. On the other hand I have seen some cigars that were not good fresh and still just a bad with age on them. Garbage in garbage out applies to some of the lesser quality smokes.

Just my opinion, I hope this helps.
Well not all cigars age well. I have had some "green/fresh rolled cigars" that were awesome. Then I have had some cigars that were awesome fresh but with a year or 2 of age went way to bland/mild. Bottom line in my opinion is there is not right or wrong answer to your question. It is best to just enjoy them as you age them because you could regret sitting on a box for years just to find out the aging process did nothing for it or made them to mild/flavorless.
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
You want to age something really good get any box of thousand series Padrons and let them sit for a year and then give them a try. They are an amazing smoke then
Thanks everyone for your opinions......I see there is no simple answer or guideline. I guess I'll smoke my way through them ALL !!!!!! LOL.......
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.
Steven Wright
Good Choice.
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
I have also heard that the stronger a cigar is when fresh, the better it will age.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"