• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is plume
a friend has this cigar its a ISOM Cohiba and it has white fuzzy all over it
is that plume or fungus its very thick

[Image: 6e4884b1.jpg]
Looks like mold to me but kind of hard to tell in that picture
--Mike
I think it looks like mold as well.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
I believe its mold but i wanted you experts
To verify it now if it is mold what does he do
With his humi
Relatively new to plume, but I've never seen plume that isn't fairly uniform through the stick. If it is truly white, (as it looks) maybe? Plume isn't fuzzy.
That is mold for sure. Mold is fuzzy, plume is more dusty, and is not big like that at all. Think tiny crystals like sand.
[Image: image.php?u=229&type=sigpic&dateline=1261594202]
(09-05-2011, 06:45 PM)jam Wrote: I believe its mold but i wanted you experts
To verify it now if it is mold what does he do
With his humi

It sounds like hes over-humidifiying things. See if he can wipe off the mold, and make sure he checks his hygrometer is calibrated. If its as bad as it looks, I'd throw it out.
[Image: image.php?u=229&type=sigpic&dateline=1261594202]
mold..sorry
No Justice, No Peace!
It's mold. And from the picture it looks like it's on the foot too. That probably means it is inside the cigar as well. Toss it. It's not worth the risk.

As for the humidor. Remove and inspect all the cigars. If possible set the humidor, open, in direct sunlight for a day or two. Lightly sand all inside surfaces and vacuum out the dust. I would wipe the inside with alcohol. Then start the process of re-humidifying the humidor.

While he is doing this keep an eye on the cigars for any further signs of mold. Process should take about a week.
What Disdog said..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore