Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Padillia Miami
I recently ordered a box of these to share with my father. I smoked one right off the truck and it had some serious burn issues. After 30 seconds or so it would start to burn out and took some serious drawing to produce some smoke. I figured it may just need to rest a little more. I gave it a few weeks rest before trying another and my father had one as well, but same issue.

Anyone have this issue with these before? My other cigars smoke fine and my humidor is at 67* RH right now. Possibly they need more rest.
Have not had any issues with them.
--Mike
huh, never had an issue myself. Give them a little time.
No Justice, No Peace!
I have never had an issue with them either. In fact, they are on of my favorite cigars. I normally age them for about 6 months anyways though so that fixes the burn issues. I would let them rest for a few more weeks and then see how they fare. If that doesn't help then maybe dry box them for a day before smoking and see if that helps. I hope you are able to figure this out as they really are a great smoke, especially with age.
"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstein
I smoked a Padilla Miami tonight, and it burned like a champ with great flavor. I agree with the others: give it more rest and see what happens.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
what's the weather like where you're smoking them? i'd definitely give dry boxing them a try. i've smoked quite a few of these sticks, minimal issues.
I have never had an issue with PM, what box did you actually buy?
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
"A few weeks rest" seems like it should be plenty of time to properly acclimate.

How is the actual draw of the cigars in question, and howare they to the touch (soft, springy, very hard)?

If you are indeed at 67% humidity and the rest of your cigars smoke fine, I would look deeper into possible causes with those cigars in particular.

Where did you purchase the cigars by the way?

Like the guys said never had a problem with them.
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
The few I have had have been very good - not a fan of all padilla but I do like the Miami