Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need some help with my new (to me) kegerator
i put a couple little fans inside the cooler. put some insulation in the tower. and a little house fan blowing on the compressor. seems to be working just fine. actually, it's too cold. i had it set to it's coldest setting, and it was down to 22. turned it up about halfway, and we're at about 29 now. still needs to get a bit warmer, but i'll get it there.

a question about the regulator. should it have a washer? i hooked it up to the tank, turned it on, and i could hear gas leaking. then i rememberred i had the tap lever deal pulled up. so i put it down, and the leaking sound stopped. is it normal to hear a hissing sound if the gas has nowhere to go? planning on picking up my first keg this weekend.
no, i don't think it's normal. I made a home bar with keg box that can hold two kegs, thats cooled by a small college type fridge. Fans on the coil do wonders, I have a hard time not freezing it.
No Justice, No Peace!
you may need these http://www.kegworks.com/nylon-washers-fo...427-p16447
No Justice, No Peace!
If this hissing only lasts for a few seconds, then stops, you are pressurizing your lines. You will hear the gas move everytime you allow gas to escape. If it continues for more than a few seconds, you have a leak.
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
(09-09-2011, 09:52 PM)nayslayer Wrote: no, i don't think it's normal. I made a home bar with keg box that can hold two kegs, thats cooled by a small college type fridge. Fans on the coil do wonders, I have a hard time not freezing it.

i'm having the same problem now. man, it's cold in there. does anyone know of a timer or something that can run the fans for say 30 minutes, then leave them off for 30 minutes? and do that all day?
i know you can get adjustable speed fans for pc's that i use.I have a blue led adjustable speed fan that blows cold air up tap head.It doubles as nice cool blue light for the box. You could also use less, or smaller fans?
No Justice, No Peace!
(09-10-2011, 08:14 AM)scott81425 Wrote:
(09-09-2011, 09:52 PM)nayslayer Wrote: no, i don't think it's normal. I made a home bar with keg box that can hold two kegs, thats cooled by a small college type fridge. Fans on the coil do wonders, I have a hard time not freezing it.

i'm having the same problem now. man, it's cold in there. does anyone know of a timer or something that can run the fans for say 30 minutes, then leave them off for 30 minutes? and do that all day?

Scott, it should be self sufficient and work without mods except the tower. I did the same to my tower and made a big difference in foaming.
Forget the fan and get it right. Like Mark said, clean the coil. I clean mine every 6 months because I have 3 dogs and it's full of hair and dust. I clean my ac coil every month when I change the filter. Next is the outside fan on the unit running? I've had to replace the fan every 8+ years because they just wear out. Yours set up so the lube in it could have solidified as that happens.

What mode#l is the unit and what brand?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

(09-10-2011, 05:10 PM)tafdom Wrote:
(09-10-2011, 08:14 AM)scott81425 Wrote:

Scott, it should be self sufficient and work without mods except the tower. I did the same to my tower and made a big difference in foaming.
Forget the fan and get it right. Like Mark said, clean the coil. I clean mine every 6 months because I have 3 dogs and it's full of hair and dust. I clean my ac coil every month when I change the filter. Next is the outside fan on the unit running? I've had to replace the fan every 8+ years because they just wear out. Yours set up so the lube in it could have solidified as that happens.

What mode#l is the unit and what brand?

i can't make out the model number. just that the brand is keg meister and on the front it says beer meister. i also don't see any fan on the outside of it. just coils that run along the entire backside. and a compressor.
i take that back. it says model v. that's it. this thing is seriously old school.
upon further review, i believe the old model number ended in v. it looks like some of the tag has worn off over the years.