Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Generator info?
My wife said to wait last night on getting one, as the hurricane was predicted to be moving away to the east of us.....this morning they said it moved back on track to hit us dead on. Checked with several stores in the area who had some last night...all sold out now. I'm picking up some charcoal this afternoon, so at least we can cook if it comes to that.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
(08-25-2011, 07:42 AM)Tonto Wrote: My wife said to wait last night on getting one, as the hurricane was predicted to be moving away to the east of us.....this morning they said it moved back on track to hit us dead on. Checked with several stores in the area who had some last night...all sold out now. I'm picking up some charcoal this afternoon, so at least we can cook if it comes to that.

O man, I hope it doesnt come to that. Good luck though, hang in there!
Branden

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi
Jan I have both a Troybilt and a Honda that we use at our competions. Both work great but the Honda is more fuel efficient and quiet.

Just make sure to keep it outside and locked up. That's the bad side of being "portable". Hopefully you won't be needing one though. Good luck.
This is the one i bought i wanted anyone with a briggs and Straton Motor , 8000 will run my whole house, i had the electrician put a plug outside so all i do is go shut the main breaker off and plug in the generator start it up and see if its straining bad all i have to do is shut breakers

http://www.electricgeneratorsdirect.com/.../p887.html
(08-24-2011, 08:38 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: I'm gonna check out Costco tomorrow. The last few times our block went out I ran two cords to my neighbors garage to keep my sump pumps going. He doesn't mind but I can't afford to lose the basement.

I'm shocked you don't have one as long as you've lived there, plus the beach house. Good luck in your search and the storm.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

You can't buy a generator on the east coast..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(08-26-2011, 01:35 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: You can't buy a generator on the east coast..

Lowes is getting some in. I was at one this morning & there was a crowd of people all waiting. They took a list of names & phone numbers....they said they are getting in between 200 & 250 generators sometime later today/tonight...not sure what brand, but the girl said they were 5,000 watt & sell for $699. My name is on the list, probably somewhere near the bottom...but that is more than I can spend right now. 3,000 watts would have held me over.

Jimmie...I don't know if you have any Lowes near you. If you do, it might be worth a trip down there.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
The gouging begins!

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.