Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The US downgrade
Glad my assets are in precious metals. I nixed IRA's and cashed them and bought gold. I have enough write offs to deal with the tax implications and mymgold is way up. Maybe I should be selfish and keep voting Democrat cause they sure know how to make gold rise.
The gold will fall just like the market. I sold and I will buy it back from the same guy at a lower price.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Gold crashing will occur as likely as the dollar skyrocketimg.
If Gold crashes I break even and protected myself. And the gold crash will signify a normalized economy. Gold will not crash if the U.S. maintains this debt and deficit spending. Imdon't see thing changing unless we have two more radical election cycles.
I didn't say crash and hope it doesn't. Break even depends on your entry point and if you get hurt although it's way to easy to sell for spot. I have 6 place within a 4 mile drive. Gold was still under 400 thru 2004 for many years. My entry was from 1986 to 2004 and never paid over 400 and as little as 280. I think it would be foolish to enter at these prices with our economy and our Pres right here.

Here is a waaay cool site for history prices. http://www.usagold.com/reference/prices/history.html

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

terry, I agree completely... but then again, there's a lot of fools and many of them profit from their foolishness.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer