Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Netflix
I love Netflix. The streaming is great but you won't get new releases on it. There are a ton of tv shows on there, and all kinds of documentaries. I end up watching movies that I would never watch if I didn't have it. You can also search there website for more streaming options and add to your instant queue. I currently don't have cable so it's worth it to me. Although AT&T is capping my data on internet, probably because Netflix accounts for like 20% of it's traffic, lol. I'm gonna change providers.
(07-27-2011, 07:56 PM)Tonto Wrote: The next question I have...
I heard with just 1 account, you can watch it through different devices..like Xbox, PS3 etc.

I have 4 kids, 1 Xbox, 2 PS3s...

Can they watch different movies, at the same time, without extra charges?

Tonto,
I'm almost 100% sure you can, I have it on my Ps3 and when I lived in a fraternity house, a couple of my brothers used my account on theirs. I'm 90% sure we both watched on our Ps3's at the same time at some point.
We regularly watch one movie on the computer while watching another on the TV through the Wii. No problem with the streaming data. It's nice to watch a big people film while the kids are distracted with their own movie.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
We used to have the 3 disc unlimited plan. After a while, I found the discs weren't being turned around as often as they used to as we spent more time streaming. Since they now offer streaming without discs, we've gone that route at my house. Wingo is correct, in that the selection offered on streaming is limited and won't include the popular new releases. We've always found something worth watching though.

You can absolutely stream different movies from different devices at the same time. We have a PS3, a Roku, and two PC's, and have streamed simultaneously on at least two at a time without issue.
(07-27-2011, 07:56 PM)Tonto Wrote: The next question I have...
I heard with just 1 account, you can watch it through different devices..like Xbox, PS3 etc.

I have 4 kids, 1 Xbox, 2 PS3s...

Can they watch different movies, at the same time, without extra charges?

i believe you can stream on a total of 5 per account. the xbox interface is MUCH better than the ps3 one however. also, check on your xbox for hulu, i know when it first popped up on there you could get a free trial for like 2 weeks. not sure if it's still offered though, as i took them up on the offer as soon as it was available. never paid for it, as i didn't like any of the shows that were on there, and all the shows i liked they didn't have. i didn't give it much of a chance though, maybe i'll revisit it in the future. as far as content goes, you always get the stars saturday premier a week earlier than it comes out on stars, but that's about it as far as new releases go. many tv shows to choose from, and a decent selection of older movies, and they're always changing. if there's anything in particular you want to know about, shoot me a pm and i'll check it for you. if it weren't for the streaming options, i'd probably switch to blockbuster. especially since they're giving free 30 days for netflix customers.
Thanks for all the ideas guys. I know there is a lot of older stuff that we'd like to watch, but I was hoping there would be more recently released movies. Oh, well. We're going to check them all out this coming weekend.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles