Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
carl609 Wrote:Wow Dan, you go all out.  I like your idea about labeling the info on each smoke.  I think I am going to have to start keeping better track, like you do.
Yeah. I use small Post-it flags. The removable nature of the adhesive makes a near perfect solution in that it sticks to the cigar's band but does not stick to nor do damage to the tobacco wrapper. I use them on each single whether it has the cellophane or not. For me, it has room for the date I put it in my humidor, where I got it and how much money I've got in it.

When I smoke the cigar, I transfer the Post-it to a page in my cigar diary.

Attached Files Image(s)

Hats off to you Dan. I only label the bombs I receive.

If I had to go back and label each smoke in my humidor then I never have time to smoke any.

I don't want us to steal Teck's welcome thread so can you (Dan)  start a new one in the cigar section with the steps and pics etc.

They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
[user=1466]crowb8[/user] wrote:
Quote:What I do is use one of the smaller spiral bound notebooks to keep my notes, bands and other information about each cigar that I'm about to smoke.

First, I use a restickable glue to paste the band at the top of the page. With that glue, I could easily remove it later for making wall hanging, tabletop or other project with them when I have enough, if I decide too.

Next, I place the small Post-it flag along the side of the page that I removed from the back of the cigar. I put one on each single, on the back of the cigar in the band area with the date it went into my humidor, where I got the cigar and how much, if anything, I paid for it. This will tell you how long it has been in your humidor as well as help remember other circumstances about how you came into its possession.

I write down the current date before I light up and then start writing about what I think of the cigar, including pre-light and during smoking thoughts.

I take pictures before lighting and during the smoking. I print wallet sized photos on regular office paper and paste one of the pre-lit cigar as well as a couple on the facing page of the long ashes. It's amazing how much more you'll recall about the cigar when you have a few snapshots to jog your memory.

I often post one of these photos in the "what are you smoking" section here.

Hope this helps!

Dan [pirate2]
I'm definitely going to start doing that. Actually it would be cool to have something on my computer or a web application that could be loaded up and assist with the tracking of the information. I could even make it so if you took a picture with certain phones it would automatically upload it. Dunno, lots of cool stuff that could be done.. Share responses/reactions to the cigar, share the pictures of it, could probably find data feeds from online cigar stores allowing people to see the price of the cigar at a few different online stores...

Hehe, I think I found my next pet web development project.

ANYWAY! Dan, you really should make a new thread about your cigar tracking.

Jimmie the Mum Wrote:Hats off to you Dan. I only label the bombs I receive.

If I had to go back and label each smoke in my humidor then I never have time to smoke any.

I don't want us to steal Teck's welcome thread so can you (Dan)  start a new one in the cigar section with the steps and pics etc.
I dont mind, but it would make a really good. I mean, after years of smoking your probably not going to be able to remember exactly what you smoked last week and if you liked it or not.... Unless you have some way of tracking everything.