Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Don Tomas Classico Maduro
Robusto
5 1/2"x50RG

Wrapper: Connecticut
Binder: Connecticut
Filler: Honduran & Nicaraguan

Once in a great while you run into something that is just too good to be true. I ran into these guys purely by mistake. I was at one of my smaller haunts and I was in the mood for something mild. The guy behind the counter recommended these guys. I bought the tubos that time but have been coming back to visit this great cigar by the box in the cello wrapped version.

This is one great everyday cigar for the price you can not beat the experience nor the smoke. For those of you looking for an everyday and have not found one try one of these.

The wrapper is a dark veiny one with the scent of peppery cocoa and the look and feel of oiled leather. It is a firm cigar not hard not soft and spongy just a nice all around firmness.

Now days I punch my cigars I don't cut, but the first unlit draw brings on a bouquet of buttery nuttiness, with a hint of clover or hay. There is a slight bite on the tongue very much like cinnamon or a hidden hint of white pepper.

I toasted the foot with a single jet torch table top lighter I have and took my first draw. It is an almost sweet but not quite there smoke with hints of leather and white pepper. For a maduro this is a very docile smoke but it is a great smoke for the price.

The come boxed 20 to a box and have an average price of $60 US per box you will not be able to beat it. The draw is good it is not overly easy or hard.

The smoke is a nice thick bluish white smoke with an aroma that reminds out of being out at camp. It has a nice even burn, not laser line but even enough that I didn't have a problem with it.

Overall, it is a very enjoyable smoke for the beginner or the seasoned vet looking for a nicely priced cigar to stock as an everyday smoke.
Thanks for the review Joe and BTY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I liked this cigar.
Just finished one about 10 minutes ago, and your review was spot on.  Mine burned laser line flat and the ash stuck for a good 1 1/2 to 2 inches.  Damn near perfect construction.  Strong peppery taste all the way through with a hint of buttery/grassy flavor.