Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free acid cigars
I thought you could ship tobacco. I went to the post office and told them it was cigars - weird. Great gesture!!!
(03-04-2011, 10:42 PM)nickd2008 Wrote: I thought you could ship tobacco. I went to the post office and told them it was cigars - weird. Great gesture!!!

US Post or UPS?

The regular post office has never asked me what is in a package, only if it is fragile. Its way cheaper and faster than UPS too.
I like smoking lightning
Both USPS and UPS asked what was in the box. USPS sent me to UPS where I was asked what was in the box. They had to ask some guy in the back whether or not they could still ship tobacco and he said no, citing the PACT act of last year.
So again, Ross gets snacks. If they ask me what kind of snacks, it will be the sweet and chewy kind.

Edit- so I read the pact act and it specifically states cigars are mailable, just not cigs or smokeless. They define each on the USPS site, and I took my fancy iPad with me to the post office to show them. Two supervisors later, Ross's smokes are on the way.

Hope you have some room buddy, I Sent them all.
Good research. Don't you love showing people who are supppose to be experts in their job that they are wrong. Geez, think they would know the rules. I mailed a few packages in my day and no one from USPS ever asked me that question.

Very nice gesture from someopne that is new to this forum.
Of course next time I see Ross I have to ask him, WHY? LOL
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
They ask me if there is anything perishable, flamible liquids, or explosive in the box. The only time they ever asked about contents specifically was when I was sending overseas to my friend in afghanistan.
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
(03-05-2011, 03:01 PM)Domniomaestro Wrote: They ask me if there is anything perishable, flamible liquids, or explosive in the box. The only time they ever asked about contents specifically was when I was sending overseas to my friend in afghanistan.

Same here. They never ask me what it is unless its going overseas.
I like smoking lightning
I was asked once and got some confusion for my answer. So I tell them when I approach with my package:
"Hi. Nothing flammable, liquid, perishable, organic, explosive, toxic, radio active or otherwise harmful to the environment, postal employees or it's recipient"
They always laugh, then I add "It's a t-shirt" or tell them it's a hat.

UPS has told me outright they cannot ship tobacco.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer