Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Demuth Tobacco Shop
Video 
Have any of you guys tried Demuth's 1770 series cigar? How does it smoke? I know their Golden Lion line is machine rolled but the 1770 series is supposedly hand-rolled. I'm thinking about buying a couple of these just to have some sticks from the country's oldest cigar shop.
Never heard of them.
--Mike
(02-01-2011, 11:53 AM)wtfdic Wrote: Never heard of them.

+1
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
Never heard of them also.
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
Yeah me neither until my sister mentioned the place to me. It's up in Lancaster PA, once the capital city of the USA. They claim to be the oldest tobacco shop in the USA and George W had often frequented them for his tobacco. That's W as in Washington, not Bush. I think it would be a fun cigar to smoke but am curious if anyone has tried one yet.
I've been past this place a bunch of times, as I used to go to college in Lancaster. They hold bankers hours, so by the time I'd get off work and make the drive from Harrisburg, they'd be closed. I'd like to check the place out, but I'd either have to take off work or go on a Saturday morning/early afternoon since they close at 3:00. I asked our local CAO rep (well, the former rep) about Demuth Tobacco, as it is lauded as the oldest tobacco shop in the U.S. He didn't have much to say about it, other than, "It's pretty small."
Pete-

Yeah their website leaves much to be desired too. My parents recently moved to Mechanicsburg so I'm going to try to make it out to Lancaster next time I'm in PA. During your time in Harrisburg, did you ever make it out to a small ghost town called Centralia?
(02-02-2011, 10:53 AM)buster Wrote: Pete-

Yeah their website leaves much to be desired too. My parents recently moved to Mechanicsburg so I'm going to try to make it out to Lancaster next time I'm in PA. During your time in Harrisburg, did you ever make it out to a small ghost town called Centralia?

Actually, I'm still in the Harrisburg area... just across the river in Camp Hill (between Harrisburg and Mechanicsburg). I have never been to Centralia, but I know the story behind the town. I have a few friends in Ashland and Mt. Carmel.