Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dad finished his race
Ernie I to can feel your loss, I lost dad 2 yr ago next month, to cancer. And I lost that Fire Captain 31 yrs ago. He was my hero, Grandpa was . I two like gus will tell you it gets different. I today remember little things, and am glad that I got the lost relationship back with dad before he passed. Keep those memories close to your heart. He no longer is suffering. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
come in here dear boy have a cigar your going to go far
Sorry for your loss! Be sure to reflect with a great cigar.
I am very sorry for your loss Ernie.
I like smoking lightning
I understand your pain, and I am very sorry for your loss. I will add you to my prayers, and smoke something nice in tribute to fathers honor and memory.
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
Sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing some of your heart
No Justice, No Peace!
Sorry for your loss Ernie and what a great tribute to the man. You are sooo lucky to have had him for so long. I lost my dad at 15 when I need him the most. He still visits in my thoughts like it was yesterday.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Gentlemen: Thank you all for your kind words and understanding. Some how it made me feel better just composing this post about my Dad. All the great replies were also very appreciated.

Ernie
The Dude