Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unemployment......
This sucks, I have been unemployed since April and am seriously getting pissed off.  I recently got hired on doing customer service/tech support at a company and was supposed to start next week.  Or not.  Talked to the guy today and over the weekend the company decided to shut down all of their call centers and out-source them all to another country by the end of September.  THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ME.  ARRRGGHH!!.  Yup, this is the second time I have been officially hired by a company and right before my start date the wing of the company that hired me has gone under.  Not to mention losing my job in the first place.  Man, what a bummer.
Sucks dude.  I lost my job at the end of January and am going Stir Crazy.  I might have to download that movie now that I think of it.  Prior and Wilder were hilarious.
My advice is to either start a business (find a need and fill it) or work for the government. I started a business in the early '80's and ran it for over 20 years. Now, I work for the government and let someone else worry about the day to day books. Government employees don't get cut. [pirate2]
Hang in there and keep trying!  But I cannot imagine many government jobs available in MN these days.  Move to ND.  We have only 5% unemployment.
US_Tank Wrote:Hang in there and keep trying!  But I cannot imagine many government jobs available in MN these days.  Move to ND.  We have only 5% unemployment.
Dude, I don't think they could pay me enough to move back to ND. 
That one Nic guy Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:Hang in there and keep trying!  But I cannot imagine many government jobs available in MN these days.  Move to ND.  We have only 5% unemployment.
Smart guy, you don't want your brain to freeze..[lol][lol]
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
That sucks man!! 
Something will turn up.

That one Nic guy Wrote:

Low unemployment, low cost of living, great hunting,  great cigar bar!   Tall, blonde Norwegian chics.  Your loss!  Wink