Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California Court Strikes Down Ammunition Law!
(01-19-2011, 06:03 PM)jitzy Wrote:
(01-19-2011, 03:49 PM)Teck1337 Wrote:
(01-19-2011, 09:57 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: Personally, I like that law. Personally, I see no reason for anyone to purchase ammo mail order. When I was a kid my friends and I got our hands on a 32. We couldn't buy ammo for it. We got rid of it. If we could have gotten a few boxes of ammo on the internet, god only knows how the course of human history would have been chaged.

You still have to verify that your 21 by faxing your ID, Your CC info has to match the ID, and I've always had to sign for the packages and show my ID...

I actually think it's easier for someone < 21 to buy ammo at Walmart or a local gun store where they're often lazy about checking ID's unless your buying a gun....

I order online for the reasons Jan said and never had to fax my ID all I had to do is click a box that says "verify you are 18 and over".

A couple of places I've had to send either a copy of my drivers license or my 03FFL. BTW...most places give you a discount if you keep your 03FFL on file with them.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
(01-19-2011, 08:54 PM)Tonto Wrote:
(01-19-2011, 09:57 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: Personally, I like that law. Personally, I see no reason for anyone to purchase ammo mail order. When I was a kid my friends and I got our hands on a 32. We couldn't buy ammo for it. We got rid of it. If we could have gotten a few boxes of ammo on the internet, god only knows how the course of human history would have been chaged.

You still have to verify that your 21 by faxing your ID, Your CC info has to match the ID, and I've always had to sign for the packages and show my ID...

I actually think it's easier for someone < 21 to buy ammo at Walmart or a local gun store where they're often lazy about checking ID's unless your buying a gun....

I order online for the reasons Jan said and never had to fax my ID all I had to do is click a box that says "verify you are 18 and over".

A couple of places I've had to send either a copy of my drivers license or my 03FFL. BTW...most places give you a discount if you keep your 03FFL on file with them.

you ever try ammunition to go, very nice prices
(01-19-2011, 09:03 PM)jitzy Wrote:
(01-19-2011, 08:54 PM)Tonto Wrote:

you ever try ammunition to go, very nice prices

Yeah, also Wideners & Aimsurplus too, just to name a few.

have you tried these?

http://www.ammoengine.com/

or

http://gun-deals.com/

Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
No but I'm gonna have to give them a try
(01-19-2011, 04:42 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: wow... I used to btch about spending $6 for a box of 20 30-06...
(I would reload them for under $2 a box)
I buy .22 WinAuto's when they pop up online... They haven't manufactured any new ammo for like 70 years. As a result, I've become accustom to paying around $500/box of 50 round.

Without the net, I would never have any more of that caliber.

(01-19-2011, 06:03 PM)jitzy Wrote: I order online for the reasons Jan said and never had to fax my ID all I had to do is click a box that says "verify you are 18 and over".
Hmm... Interesting..

(01-19-2011, 08:42 PM)Paddry69 Wrote: Great victory! I've only ordered ammo online once. I always buy locally, but was having trouble finding ammo for my concealed carry pistol.
Yeah... Sometime's it's hard to find good home defense / concealed carry rounds. I also like to use what local LEO are using, which is hard to get locally.

(01-19-2011, 08:54 PM)Tonto Wrote: A couple of places I've had to send either a copy of my drivers license or my 03FFL. BTW...most places give you a discount if you keep your 03FFL on file with them.
Nice! I didn't know you had a C&R FFL... Thats cool. --I've been wanting to get one for awhile, but I need to upgrade to a larger safe OR get a second before doing that. Smile

(01-19-2011, 09:03 PM)jitzy Wrote: you ever try ammunition to go, very nice prices
I've purchased from them before... Shipping can suck to California. I really only buy hard to find stuff online or when I need bulk of something.

I really prefer to support local guys... But had this ammo law gone into effect I would have stopped buying ammo in California completely and just made regular trips to NV (which would have been 100% legal). ---NV is only 2-3hrs away at most.

At the end of the day I REFUSE to be finger printed every time I purchase ammo and i REFUSE to have all my information put in a large binder which is unsecured and sits on the counter at Walmart (that on several occasions people had taken and walked around stores with for hours just to see if they would notice). ---The binder would turn into a quick reference guide for Home Invaders here in California (A huge problem in my area because it's Semi-Rural) when they want to steal guns.

I mean, I already get finger printed when I buy a gun... The state gets all of my Information already. There's no reason a binder needs to be kept that can put me in danger. ---It's the kind of thing that would make purchasing ammo irresponsible for anyone who has a family.

(01-19-2011, 10:19 PM)Teck1337 Wrote: I buy .22 WinAuto's when they pop up online... They haven't manufactured any new ammo for like 70 years. As a result, I've become accustom to paying around $500/box of 50 round.

$500??!! Holy crap!!!

I'll keep an eye out, in case I come across any.

(01-19-2011, 10:19 PM)Teck1337 Wrote: I already get finger printed when I buy a gun.

I wouldn't like that at all. We don't have to do that here. I guess the government thinks you're the criminal. What make that entire process ridiculous is that the real criminals don't acquire their weapons through legal means.
(01-19-2011, 10:57 PM)Tonto Wrote:
(01-19-2011, 10:19 PM)Teck1337 Wrote: I buy .22 WinAuto's when they pop up online... They haven't manufactured any new ammo for like 70 years. As a result, I've become accustom to paying around $500/box of 50 round.

$500??!! Holy crap!!!

I'll keep an eye out, in case I come across any.
Yeah, I've seen it for more than that before... Smile

Anyone that buys that ammo, you know exactly what gun they have... Tongue Winchester Model 1903 hehe, the only gun I can think of that's ever used the .22 Win Auto

(01-20-2011, 12:02 AM)Paddry69 Wrote:
(01-19-2011, 10:19 PM)Teck1337 Wrote: I already get finger printed when I buy a gun.

I wouldn't like that at all. We don't have to do that here. I guess the government thinks you're the criminal. What make that entire process ridiculous is that the real criminals don't acquire their weapons through legal means.
Meh... It's one of the requirements... Do it, or dont own guns.

(01-20-2011, 12:29 AM)Teck1337 Wrote: Yeah, I've seen it for more than that before... Smile

Anyone that buys that ammo, you know exactly what gun they have... Tongue Winchester Model 1903 hehe, the only gun I can think of that's ever used the .22 Win Auto

a 1903.... Cool

I think we need to start an Antique Rifle P0RN thread! Big Grin
(01-20-2011, 09:14 AM)Tonto Wrote:
(01-20-2011, 12:29 AM)Teck1337 Wrote: Yeah, I've seen it for more than that before... Smile

a 1903.... Cool

I think we need to start an Antique Rifle P0RN thread! Big Grin
That's my one true Antique that's my baby... She stays locked up in the safe and in the specially formed plastic bag I had made with the 50grams of anti-moisture packets. --The ammo is stored in the safe, in a very well sealed lock box with anti-moisture packets inside.

Normally come's out once a year to have a couple rounds fired (because I love it so much), is then carefully cleaned and inspected, then put back away.

Though, I may not take her out this year... I've only got a couple boxes of ammo left for it and It's the kind of thing that someday I'd like to be able to pass down (hehe, with ammo).