Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
School Me on the Oasis
I just moved from a humid climate to a very dry one and need help with my humi. Im in the process of building myself a coolerdor out of a 48qt igloo and was thinking about putting 2 lbs of beads and an Oasis humidifier in it and was wondering what kind to get. What is the best place to get one? Any tips that anyone has for very dry clime would be helpful. Thanks guys!
I don't know much about coolerdors, that seems like overkill There are some great threads here about it. Just use the Search at the top of the page.
No Justice, No Peace!
I have a cooler. There is one pound (i think) of 70% beads in it, as well as the cabs and stogies I have put in there. Because of its sealed environment it has been staying rock solid at 67% humidity. I need to reverify the digital hygrometers that I have in there, but I havent had any problems with it at all. I dont know what an active humidification system would do in that environment. Theoretically, I would think it would over-humidify the coolidor.
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
For a 48 coller, you just need the beads.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Active humidification may not work good in cooler
--Mike
I use a Cigar Oasis in a large coleman cooler and it works great you dont need both bead and CO
I have a piece of floral foam in a plastic container in my coolers (2x 80 quart coolers) and they are fine.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
I am a diehard for active humidity but as Jam said it's not needed for a cooler because they seal so well.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Awesome, thanks guys I'm gonna go with beads or floral foam in my cooler.