Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama wants to increase healthcare costs for Veterans (and returning military)
http://money.cnn.com/2010/12/07/news/eco...n&hpt=Sbin

President Obama's fiscal commission included Tricare reform on its list of budget-cutting suggestions last week.

...increase co-pays and enrollment fees for retired veterans not yet eligible for Medicare from 11% to 27%, and introduce nominal fees for retired veterans who use Tricare as a supplemental insurance plan.

The first is shifting the burden of health care costs from the Pentagon to the private sector companies that employ many veterans after they leave the military. And the second is a modest fee increase on retired Tricare enrollees that would still leave them with far smaller bills than individuals in private sector plans.

Angry1

Getting people to pay more is always the easiest way to make more money. The other, which our government needs to focus on, is reducing costs. Neogotiate new contracts where they are not paying $500 for an x-ray, $300 for a box of paperclips, or $100 for a roll of toilet paper for the white house.

(sure would like to see those financials on WikiLeaks!)

I know many Veterans and most are on very limited income. Some have jobs at the post office or other places where the employer helps, but many don't have good jobs or are at an age where any good paying job is not possible. To raise co-pays 16% on Veterans is a big hit, especially when many have war related injuries and have suffered so much for our sake.

you gutta love this crap!
--Mike
(12-07-2010, 01:56 PM)Admin Wrote: I know many Veterans and most are on very limited income. Some have jobs at the post office or other places where the employer helps, but many don't have good jobs or are at an age where any good paying job is not possible. To raise co-pays 16% on Veterans is a big hit, especially when many have war related injuries and have suffered so much for our sake.

Exactly... I know guys who are on such a limited income, it could be weeks before they can get in to see a doctor.

The VA isn't much better either. I've known guys that waited 3+ years to even begin to receive treatment from the VA.

The truth is, I think that many people in the current administration and or public simply no longer care about our Vet's. Until relatively recently we were used to sending our men and women off to war and many dieing.

These days the survival rate is so high (Compared to WWI, WWII, Vietnam, etc) we aren't used to it... We don't know how to handle it.

Pathetic.
WW 1 Vets, I think are almost all gone but would be over 100 years.
WW 2 Vets, The youngest would be pushing 80.
Korean War Vets, The youngest 72.
Vietnam Vets, The youngest about 53.
First Gulf War Vets, The Youngest about 34.

So Obama proposes to increase co-pays 16% on a population base which is primarily 53 years of age and older, whom are either disabled, retired, and/or on a fixed income. The very same people that fought for freedom and democracy just to allow a-holes like him into office.
Angry

Angry1Angry2NononoThumbsdownAngry

You HAD to go here didn't you? LOL

Talk about the fixed income people who aren't getting an increase for the next 3 years when everything around them is going up up up. I just had 3 tests that cost me $786.00 out of pocket from my disability. That's 68% of my monthly income. I just put $65 worth of gas in my truck,my house note is $850 with a $246 utility bill and I'm wearing a coat as we speak with my heat on 63* freezing ma a s s off. Do the math. Obamanation @ it's finest! I think there was a ziggie cartoon once that said "not enough month left in the check" LOL

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Angry1Angry1Angry1Angry1Angry1Angry1Angry1Angry1Angry1
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles