Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thinking about going back to school
(12-02-2010, 12:32 AM)CigarJohn Wrote:
(12-01-2010, 11:01 AM)Lurch Wrote: Carl do it....Have you seen the high school girls lately. DAYUM.

(12-02-2010, 12:18 AM)MaytagMan Wrote:
(12-01-2010, 10:19 PM)sergione Wrote:
(12-01-2010, 11:01 AM)Lurch Wrote: Carl do it....Have you seen the high school girls lately. DAYUM.

Hope your talking about the senior girls that are 18...cause jailbaits a bitch...not that I knowCool

Yeah, there was a guy at my school a couple of years ago that thought 3 months shy of 18 was close enough...

Not so much...

Let's just say he is not in the education field anymore...

So your saying he's teaching how to "toss salads now"

No time actually... pled out and got probation because she was so close, it was mutual, etc. (I don't know all the facts, I didn't ask and didn't want to know...)

Lives with the female now a couple of hours away, and they are planning to get married and all that... Did I mention he was married with kids? A screwed up situation...

here's my take... It's a commitment and expensive. So you need to ask yourself why you are going back, what do you hope to gain, how much will it help, can you handle such a commitment...

I read lots of resumes and have hired 8 people here in the last 4 years (many more throughout my career). If I see no college on a resume, yeah, it will hold them back against the others with college training. If I see college after a long hiatus, it's not a good thing. As I weed through all the paper work I see this as a person who took too long to grow up and become responsible.You have to understand my position, headhunters are sending me 3 to 7 resumes a day. Every 3 days or so I make decisions on who I want to see vs who I dont want to see. That could be as many as 20 resumes. I am looking for anything that will weed it down to the top 3 or 4 that wont waste my time.
I've made exceptions. I've seen where the person changed career paths/fields of study and judged it accordingly.

here's another angle. 30 years ago I was at my first job and mentioned to my boss I wanted to get my masters and maybe even more. He asked why. I gave him all the answers anyone would give. He said I already had my masters in Telestat, Inc (the company where I worked).
Again, from my own point of view I know I could never do it. I still have nightmare where I miss a class for an entire semester and on the last 3 days I'm trying to dig myself out...
I'm done. But I'm much older than you are.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer