Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cigarette Packages to Carry Images of Corpses, Lungs
(11-12-2010, 06:51 AM)Soulend Wrote: This doesn't seem fair. Why don't they put pictures of Oprah Winfrey on Domino's Pizza boxes?

Wooo Hoo!! that means bigger pizzas!
Wait smoking is bad? I wish someone would have figured that out in the 1960s and told everyone!! Oh wait...
my first pack of cigarettes sad on the side (I was 14 at the time)
"WARNING: MAY CAUSE BIRTH DEFECTS IN PREGNANT WOMEN"
I figured I was safe.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
I am a registered nurse and have been for almost 20 years. I know the effects tobacco can have. Yet I choose to smoke cigars. I do not inhale and therefore should not have the same problems cigarettes cause (empysema, copd, lung CA, etc...) there is still an increased chance of oral and esophogeal CA with cigars, but just about the same risk with food cooked over charcoal, working in a paper mill and drinking alcohol. I dont understand why the government thinks they should be in control of what we do. People are not stupid. they may make stupid choices, but the choice is theirs to make. I like making my own choices, even if they are bad ones.
I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead.
-Jimmy Buffett
In my experience smokers have a very good understanding of all the various risks; better than their non-smoking counterparts as they have had it pounded into their heads for decades. In 1995, the Captain of the ship I was on - probably gunning for Admiral - prohibited smoking on the ship to be the first in the Navy's 'Smoke Free Navy by the Year 2000' initiative. Cigarettes were no longer sold on board, and being a nuclear vessel we rarely hit a port.

I overheard a dude buying two packs of cigarettes from a shipmate for 90 dollars. It was then that I realized you can raise prices or put all the warnings or scary pictures you want on there. People are going to keep right on smoking. My entrepreneurial spirit kicked in on a short jaunt through Sigonella, Sicily...I brought back a score of cartons and made a killing on return to the ship.

I actually think that the pic of the guy blowing smoke through his tracheotomy hole would make a neat graphic for my cigarette box. The guy can smoke two cigarettes at once! But I'm mindlessly defiant like that. Big Grin
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

I can not understand why shipmates would take advantage of their fellow shipmates like that. I would never overcharge someone like that especially a fellow brother.

I guess as tough as my old man was, I have to bow my head to him and say thanks dad.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Supply and demand I guess. Maybe he didn't consider him a 'brother', just another dude on the boat.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

(11-13-2010, 06:18 AM)Soulend Wrote: Supply and demand I guess. Maybe he didn't consider him a 'brother', just another dude on the boat.

So true but still a shame.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore