Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
missile off of california?
What is this about? Video in link.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/0...6716.shtml
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
MIght have something to do with the bomb Diamond Lion sent out?
I like smoking lightning
I'm inclined to believe that it is a trick of perspective and the curvature of the earth...an aircraft contrail. I've seen many horizontal aircraft trails that appear vertical from various angles.

Here's one from Michigan some time ago:

[Image: by_richg___Weather_Underground-20100120-084437.jpg]

It's just a plane.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

I'm voting for Chinese sub launch of ICBM to show the US that they are still around. Surprising was that NORAD did not detect anything.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Maybe it wasnt a missle, maybe it was a ship

[Image: Coneheads_7565.jpg]
I like smoking lightning
The Chinese are many things, but stupid isn't one of them. I'm fairly sure they know we realize that they are still around, we owe them over 846 billion dollars. We also know precisely what they have in terms of armament. Launching an ICBM right off the coast amid regular civilian airline traffic to and from LAX would be absolute madness. Not to mention that their naval movements are closely tracked by satellite. They could have fired it in their own territorial waters and know full well we would see it.

Stranger things have happened, but NORAD can detect a missile launch of this size anywhere in the world in seconds. They obviously can't claim the launch, it would be an act of war. So they basically spent the money and risked everything in order to produce a UFO for people to wonder about. Now firing such a thing off the coast of Taiwan...this I could definitely see. They were supposed to have produced the new type 094 sub this year...

It's also way too slow to be a missile IMHO.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

(11-09-2010, 06:17 PM)carl609 Wrote: MIght have something to do with the bomb Diamond Lion sent out?

I'm going with this explantation.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(11-09-2010, 07:46 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote:
(11-09-2010, 06:17 PM)carl609 Wrote: MIght have something to do with the bomb Diamond Lion sent out?

Yup! This is the only explanation that will let me sleep tonight.
--Mike
(11-09-2010, 07:46 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote:

Well, it was a big bomb, so why not strap it to an ICBM...LOL!!!
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"