Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Macanudo Maduro Vintage 1997
Anyone here tried these yet...saw some at my local yesterday, but price was outrageous. They come with a nice and shinny metal band, (I don't know). The cigar looks and smells great. Comes in two sizes.
I have had the perfecto. I enjoyed it. Think i paid like $8 for it. I will look at my notes later tonight post some specifics.
--Mike
(11-03-2010, 04:52 PM)wtfdic Wrote: I have had the perfecto. I enjoyed it. Think i paid like $8 for it. I will look at my notes later tonight post some specifics.

The shop I saw them in had them for $19 a stick...I see them on the internet for $8-9.....seems this shop owner was blaming a California cigar tax.

seems like a high tax!
--Mike
Not a bad smoke for $8. Not a $19 smoke.
Do real men smoke Macanudos? ;
Lurch bombed me with one of these when he was here in September. I havent smoked it yet, but am glad to hear a few good reviews on it.
I like smoking lightning
Mean Joe....I will find out what they are here, and let you know...I am certain they are cheaper....
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
Ok sorry for the delay.

I did like this cigar but it did not wow me.
What that means is i will not buy a box (unless the price was too good to refuse) but would consider a few singles.

The burn was even throughout the stick. But the ash was a bit disappointing as it was falling off every half inch or so.

It was in the medium body range maybe even a bit in the upper mild range.

As for flavor the stick had some sweetness to it in the beginning but some pepper in in towards the end. Had hints of dark chocolate, cedar and something a bit fruity that i can not really put my finger on.

Hope this helps I say give it a shot its worth trying if you can get it at a reasonable price.
--Mike
Sounds interesting... I would also be interested in trying their Cru Royale just to see how far the brand has evolved.