Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sunglasses ???
US_Tank Wrote:Try some on first. 
hard to do when we don't have much here :?
Wanna know the difference between a $10 pair of sunglasses and a $150 pair of sunglasses?  It's that painful burning sensation in your ass after spending another $140 that was completely unnecessary.  [lol][lol][lol]
Those don't look like the same ones you had in vegas????
Here are the ones I'm waiting on.. Oakley Monster Pups (I have a small face, and these looked good when I tried em on):

[Image: 48bdd1548ba37.jpg?1220400025]

MaytagMan Wrote:I definitely agree about trying them on in the store first...   I always do that and then go hunting for a deal online.

My current sunglasses:

[Image: Oakley%20Straight%20Jacket%2004-254P.jpg]
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

A few years back, my Dad found a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses on the beach.  I keep them in my car and wear them exclusively for driving, as I don't like the fit/look of them, but the polarized lenses are really superior to the cheapos I'm used to wearing.  Personally, I'd have a hard time paying the $ for Maui Jim, or any other top-end brands, but that has everything to do with the fact that I'm incredibly irresponsible when it comes to sunglasses.  I'm either misplacing them, or scratching/breaking them.  
[user=931]forgop[/user] wrote:
Quote:Wanna know the difference between a $10 pair of sunglasses and a $150 pair of sunglasses?  It's that painful burning sensation in your ass after spending another $140 that was completely unnecessary.  [lol][lol][lol]

Protection against UV rays is expensive if you look at top brands, but the cheap $5 - $10 glasses dont protect against them at all.

Whichever way you decided to go with singlasses at least go for UV protection, that burning sensation could be the retina rather than the wallet.

Cool
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
My favorites right now are Maui Jim's, Ocean Waves, and H30 optics. Keep in mind I buy my sunglasses with fishing in mind. Some say the money spent on sunglasses are not worth it.....bullshit. There is a huge difference between the $5 to $15 dollar glasses you see in your local convenience store and a top quality pair of glasses.

http://www.oceanwaves.com/

http://h3opolarized.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

http://www.mauijim.com/webapp/wcs/stores...lectionCmd

Sunglasses are a very personal item to purchase, do a little research, consider their use(ie: fishing, driving, sports, babe watching...) then go from there.
i've tried Fishhounds H3o's and was blown away. For $125 with all 3 lenses, I would not consider anything else. (with ocean boating in mind)
Poriggity Wrote:Those don't look like the same ones you had in vegas????
Here are the ones I'm waiting on.. Oakley Monster Pups (I have a small face, and these looked good when I tried em on):

[Image: 48bdd1548ba37.jpg?1220400025]

MaytagMan Wrote:I definitely agree about trying them on in the store first...   I always do that and then go hunting for a deal online.

My current sunglasses:

[Image: Oakley%20Straight%20Jacket%2004-254P.jpg]

Yeah, those are the ones I had in Vegas...  Straight Jackets with Polarized lenses...  They were about the only things I could get that fit my oversized head...   wearing a size 7-3/4 hat kind of limits my selections as in most cases the earpieces seem spread out way past 90 degrees open... LOL

That being said, these are great glasses and have done wonders for me...  I find that I became a little more particular about my sunglasses when I started wearing contact lenses about 10 years ago.

Thanks guys. some glasses I've never heard of before...I'm kind of a sunglass whore too. Ordered one pair and probably gonna get a couple others too...I've got a little extra money since I stopped buying Cigars for a whileConfusedhock: I'll post a pic when I get them

there mostly for riding my Motorcycle..vroom vroom Cool
I always make sure to buy polarized lenses.[rob]