Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seatbelt Ticket
same here in Ma and i got one last week
--Mike
Seatbelts and helmets both requird here in GA. But they just passed a law this year requiring seatbelts in trucks. Guess now I have to start driving a school bus.
Perhaps I'm looking at it wrong or maybe totally misunderstanding, but seems to me that people are willing to allow freedoms to be removed (such as wearing or not wearing motorcycle helmets) as long as it doesn't affect them personally. I feel strongly that this is how we are gradually loosing freedoms. When it affects us, such as cigar smoking bans, everyone gets on the soapbox and complains about another right removed, but lets talk about a helmet law and its no longer a choice or a right it is that we are stupid (no hard feelings B-dubb) for not wearing one. A little common sense would tell you that proper training to prevent an accident is more important than trying to protect someone after they get in an accident. There are a whole lot motorcycle deaths that have a common denominator, self taught riders in the first 6 months of riding.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
i hope i don't offend anyone with this but IMHO we have most of these laws and taxes because of the left wing liberal mindset. in the minds of the liberal governing class they believe that everyone but themselves is too stupid to know what is the right or wrong way to do something. so they pass laws and then they need a new bureaucratic body to oversee the new laws and they need more tax money to pay for it all. We have gone from a "For the people by the people" to a "nanny state" government. I am very conservative in my political views mainly because I still believe (maybe foolishly) in the ability of the American people to govern themselves.
Cole
i hate seat belts..i just slide my arm thru it so it looks like i have it on..

(10-14-2010, 05:00 PM)CKlineline Wrote: i hope i don't offend anyone with this but IMHO we have most of these laws and taxes because of the left wing liberal mindset. in the minds of the liberal governing class they believe that everyone but themselves is too stupid to know what is the right or wrong way to do something. so they pass laws and then they need a new bureaucratic body to oversee the new laws and they need more tax money to pay for it all. We have gone from a "For the people by the people" to a "nanny state" government. I am very conservative in my political views mainly because I still believe (maybe foolishly) in the ability of the American people to govern themselves.

While I do love your comments and feel very similar on most issues the biggest reasons for seat belts is it keeps insurance rates down, and the insurance companies were the big fighters for these laws. Fact is more people get killed or seriously injured without them and thats just more money in claims they have to pay and in turn charge us.
Back in 1983, I guy ran a red light & hit me at over 65MPH....the only reason I'm here posting about this is because I was wearing a seatbelt. That doesn't mean it should be a law though. But I always wear mine.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Gus and CKlineline you both have a new fan but please don't turn this into a political thread as it may offend some of the more sensitive among us.
(10-14-2010, 06:24 PM)discdog Wrote: Gus and CKlineline you both have a new fan but please don't turn this into a political thread as it may offend some of the more sensitive among us.

Lol, you got it.
(10-14-2010, 05:52 PM)Tonto Wrote: Back in 1983, I guy ran a red light & hit me at over 65MPH....the only reason I'm here posting about this is because I was wearing a seatbelt. That doesn't mean it should be a law though. But I always wear mine.

Glad you were wearing it!
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
I just have to say, I'm not worried about Gus or Dooley when they ride without helmets. I worry about what might happen to them because of some dump a$$ person that does something stupid.
I rather see them wear helmets because I'm concerned about them and all other SC bike riders but at the same time I would trust them with my life if I was on their bike.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore