Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how long into a cigar do you make your decision?
I normally peruse the various catalogs and read the reviews. When I find one that sounds good I buy it. Or you could use CA as a source. They are rarely wrong.

Just joking. I always smoke three cigars before making up my mind as to preference. The only other criteria I use is if someone I know has similar taste to me and they recommend something I haven't tried I will buy a box.
Even if the cigar is bad I usually smoke the whole thing. But as of late I have had a couple of cigars that I have 20 minutes then just tossed it. But when I find a gem I consider a box right then and there. I recently bought boxes without even trying but by recommendation of fellow botls.
Usually half way I will toss it. I just say, man, this stogie sucks , why am I smoking it? Out it goes after I say that a few times.

Maytag gifted me a cigar in Vegas and after 5 minutes I said, I need more of these Bill. Give me your source if you want to go back home.Tongue
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(10-03-2010, 04:56 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Maytag gifted me a cigar in Vegas and after 5 minutes I said, I need more of these Bill. Give me your source if you want to go back home.Tongue
So, you gave him the Jersey offer? The one that he couldn't refuse. Big Grin
Tony
When you have walked in my shoes, done what I've done, seen what I've seen, then maybe you can criticize.
(10-03-2010, 04:56 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Usually half way I will toss it. I just say, man, this stogie sucks , whay am I smoking it? Out it goes after I say that a few times.

Maytag gifted me a cigar in Vegas and after 5 minutes I said, I need more of these Bill. Give me your source if you want to go back home.Tongue

Yeah this one was one of the best I ever had. Great from the first firing of it.

At this point, for the most part, I know what I want to buy.

But when I was still trying new stuff like crazy, I never made up my mind about a cigar until I had smoked at least two of them. One cigar in a batch can be a dud, for sure. I say smoke two before you make up your mind about the line.
No Reserve, No Retreat, No Regrets!!!
(10-03-2010, 05:47 PM)US_Tank Wrote:
(10-03-2010, 04:56 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Usually half way I will toss it. I just say, man, this stogie sucks , whay am I smoking it? Out it goes after I say that a few times.

Yeah this one was one of the best I ever had. Great from the first firing of it.

Why the secrecy? What was the cigar?!
I usually smoke a few before I make a judgment. That said, I have had some god aweful smokes that I could not make myself smoke ever again.
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic
(10-03-2010, 09:48 PM)izzypizzy Wrote:
(10-03-2010, 05:47 PM)US_Tank Wrote:

Why the secrecy? What was the cigar?!

No secrecy... it was quite literally a cigar with no name... no band, no nothing... except for some tobacco...
At this point if I try something and it doesn't hit me right away I kinda get turned off, I won't toss it right away but with the amount af really really good smokes out there now I won't even bother smoking something I won't enjoy the whole way thru. As far as buying the box if it's from a brand I trust I'll get it without trying one.