Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Contests
So i am on this other cigar forum and they have contests. These really seem to bring a lot of excitement and fun to the forum. Have we at StogieChat looked into doing something like this. So on the other forum basically one person supplies the prizes. Now I would not think that would be practical or possible here so what i was thinking is almost like the I'd like to try pass. Basically one person comes up with a contest, it is up to that person to make the rules and supply the prize. So that contest runs and eventually someone wins. That winner would not only get the prize but also would be responsible for coming up with the next contest and prize.

What do you think?
--Mike
Interesting.....
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
Sounds interesting. We've had a lot of contests here but it's always just been up to each member to start. Try it and see how it goes.
thanks for the support Bob!
--Mike
I have done one for the newbies back in the day, have fun.
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
I like it..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
i was thinking of doing a contest like this..i choose a number from 1-1000 and i will start a thread and people can talk about whatever..just shoot the shit..when the thread hits 1000 replies i will go thru and see who made post #653 for example and that person wins a prize..and so theres no favoritism only myself and a mod or admin will know the number before the thread is chosen..so no one can say oh thats interesting his best friend won

That sounds like a a great idea denali....but the problem is in choosing a thread topic that people would post a thousand replies in.

And besides...we know that you, wtfdic or jimmie will win...SmileSmileSmile

j/k
we can make it a guessing game..i will post and say the person below me ate pizza today and the next person will either say yes i did or no i ate etc..etc.. and then they make a guess and say something like the person below me smoked a god of fire today..and the next person will either say yes i did or he will say no i didnt i smoked a don pepin and so on..

ahhhhh
SmileSmile