Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tobacciana-Guide
Not sure if this is the right thread, but I couldn't find one about tobacco history, etc. Moderator please move, if needed.

I have been looking through a very interesting price guide I got at the library (haven't checked to see if it is still in print) called Warman's Tobacco Collectibles, by Mark F. Moran, published by Krause Publications in 2003. It covers antique lighters, ashtrays, tobacco tins, Matches, Match safes, labels, cigar boxes, Cigar Store Indians and Smoking Accoutrements. It helped me realize that the little hammer that I puzzled over at a flea market recently is way under-priced. It is actually a cigar hammer, used to drive in those little tiny nails in old-time boxes, and worth over $50. Hopefully it's there next time I go!

If you like reading about cigar culture and the tools our grandfathers and great-grandfathers used, you ought to try to find this book. It is an excellent guide!
"There is one good thing about being the Commanding General, beyond the pageantry, the ridiculous vanity, something few of them would ever understand. You can get the best cigars."
- General Ulysses S. Grant