Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homeowners
Wondering who you guys have for home insurance.
What options to look for and stuff like that.

Thanks!
I have State Farm.   They gave a pretty fair discount for multiple lines of insurance (car AND home), and the agent i work with is a stand up guy.   He helped my dad deal with a harassing agent from some other company after some kid creamed him at an intersection.
I have state farm for auto right now.  Their quote for home was pretty high though.
So I'm shopping around.

It differs from state to state. Shop, shop, shop.  Open the phone book and get 3 to 5 major companies and get the quotes.  If you or your wife has ins at work they give huge employee discounts sometimes.  Ours saved us 800 a year for cars and house.  Good luck

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

have statefarm as well but only because I have no other choice. After the fires in my area a couple years ago no one else will insure up here. The worst part is we are getting raped on our insurance but there's not much we can do about it because we have to have it.
Scott
Buy From Eric at www.tbs-cigars.com
Bearded Dad Blog:
http://beardeddad.wordpress.com

I have Progressive, or rather Homesite Insurance Company (underwriters for Progressive)I went with them for the multi-policy discounts, as my fiancee and I have Progressive for our auto insurance, as well.
[Image: inside-geico.jpg]
State Farm...for the next 16 months at least.  I live in Florida and they're threatening to pull out of the state.

As far as addressing "Part II" of your question regarding options, it all depends on where you live and the risks associated.  Ask the insurers what discounts are available for remodeling/building to the latest code.  We get discounts for wind-protection, hip-roofs, etc.
Wow.  Quotes are really all over the place!
haha

Found some that seem low which has me [really]  and State farm is really high which has me :X
Hmmm 
i'm going crazy looking at insurance.  quotes are all over.
It all seems the same to me.  Guess I need a pick a few and go talk to the agents.
I'll be so happy when this is all over and I can just come home and relax....
sometime next year when everything is finally finished and unpacked.
[happy]