Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuerte cigars
i was wondering if a cigar has the name Fuerte in it can one always assume that it will be a robust and spicy cigar? or not all Fuerte cigars have these characteristics?

The "F" in Fonseca Serie F is supposed to stand for 'fuerte', but there's nothing 'strong' about it. I think in some cases it might depend a little on how old the line is. Tastes have changed. What may have been considered a full-bodied, full-flavored cigar 20 years ago might be considered 'medium' today.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

interesting i can not find a clear definition of this
--Mike
Well, 'fuerte' means 'strong' in Spanish...is there a more involved definition to look for with regard to cigars?
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

(09-21-2010, 10:19 AM)Soulend Wrote: Well, 'fuerte' means 'strong' in Spanish...is there a more involved definition to look for with regard to cigars?

LOL i guess not!
--Mike
Just wondering, I meant that as a legit question. For all I knew it could signify a specific ligero percentage or something. I always figured it was something manufacturers put on there either because in their opinion the blend was 'strong' or that is what they wanted the customer to think. Big Grin

Always thought it was kind of ironic as 'strong' used as a description of a cigar seems to be looked down upon by reviewers.

- Robert E. Howard

you brought up a good point about fonseca. they are known to be mild cigars so i am wondering if there is some other meaning. your probubly right marketing ploy!
--Mike