Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
uneven burning with nubs?
i hope skipper see's this thread, id like to hear more about him not toasting the foot of his cigars

can not say i have had this issue and i smoke quite a bit of Nubs. I am sure Skipper will see the thread and offer some input. If you want like Jimmie said shoot Skipper a PM with a link to the thread. I am sure he will shine plenty of light on your situation.
--Mike
(09-19-2010, 07:13 PM)wtfdic Wrote: can not say i have had this issue and i smoke quite a bit of Nubs. I am sure Skipper will see the thread and offer some input. If you want like Jimmie said shoot Skipper a PM with a link to the thread. I am sure he will shine plenty of light on your situation.

i think i will do that

I've never really had a problem with NUBs. They are one of my favorites though so maybe I'm a little bias when it comes to anything NUB. If you do have one not burn correctly and you do a NUB stand with it, is the section of unburnt tobacco called a NUB stand kickstand? Just curious.
I dont think it's bad to toast the foot of the cigar. I just dont do it. Well, on rare occasions or when I'm in a lounge and I'm trying to distinguish myself... heh...
Seriously, I find no reason to do it nor to avoid doing it. Like I always say, do what makes you happy ('cept when it comes to removing the cellophane prematurely).
And as for the Nub burn issue. I never had it. I do always after 2 minutes or so, on ALL cigars, check and relite my cigar to avoid issues. And of course the blowing methid I spoke of earlier.
(09-20-2010, 08:21 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: I dont think it's bad to toast the foot of the cigar. I just dont do it. Well, on rare occasions or when I'm in a lounge and I'm trying to distinguish myself... heh...
Seriously, I find no reason to do it nor to avoid doing it. Like I always say, do what makes you happy ('cept when it comes to removing the cellophane prematurely).
And as for the Nub burn issue. I never had it. I do always after 2 minutes or so, on ALL cigars, check and relite my cigar to avoid issues. And of course the blowing methid I spoke of earlier.

ok, let me pick your brain a bit..lol instead of toasting you just put the cigar in your mouth and the flame to the foot and just light it as your taking hits?

yup, just like a cigarette. I will lower the flame as the cigar lights... it usually bursts into flames between puffs anyway.

I should add I only use torch lighters and I rotate the cigar as I do this. The rotation does 2 things, 1 helps to ensure an even light and 2, you get to watch the end that is coming upward to ensure it is properly lit.
nice tip Skipper!
I have just started toasting but i am not really sure why! LOL
--Mike
thanx for the advice man, i will try this later tonite

(09-20-2010, 11:15 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: yup, just like a cigarette. I will lower the flame as the cigar lights... it usually bursts into flames between puffs anyway.

I should add I only use torch lighters and I rotate the cigar as I do this. The rotation does 2 things, 1 helps to ensure an even light and 2, you get to watch the end that is coming upward to ensure it is properly lit.

that's exactly how i do it, and i thought it was you who didn't toast. i don't know why, but the smell of the toasting cigar was never appealing to me. i'm not sure how it differed from anything else, maybe it was the lack of actual smoke coming from the stick, but for some reason it just didn't do it for me. that's why i stopped, but it's like every other issue in cigars- do what works for you. if it ain't broke.....