Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20:1 Odds...and you are questioned if your life is in danger?
(09-11-2010, 10:20 AM)discdog Wrote: Of course we also have the city here with the only gun law that makes sense. If you own a home in Kennesaw you must own a gun. Don't know how they enforce it if at all but their crime rate is pretty close to nonexistent.

I'm looking for a house the right now! Lol

In all seriousness I have been saying that for a long time. Everyone should have to own a firearm. As you stated the crime rate would almost be nonexistent is everyone owned one.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
(09-11-2010, 10:30 AM)Mark Wrote:
(09-11-2010, 10:20 AM)discdog Wrote: Of course we also have the city here with the only gun law that makes sense. If you own a home in Kennesaw you must own a gun. Don't know how they enforce it if at all but their crime rate is pretty close to nonexistent.

In all seriousness I have been saying that for a long time. Everyone should have to own a firearm. As you stated the crime rate would almost be nonexistent is everyone owned one.

I can't even begin to tell you the hoops I'd have to jump thru for just a target permit...forget about even trying to get a ccw here...next to impossible for your average law abiding citizen. I can't even go into a gun store here and actually touch a pistol without a license.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
(09-11-2010, 10:34 AM)Tonto Wrote:

I can't even begin to tell you the hoops I'd have to jump thru for just a target permit...forget about even trying to get a ccw here...next to impossible for your average law abiding citizen. I can't even go into a gun store here and actually touch a pistol without a license.

New Jersey is almost as bad. Thank God I'm an LEO.
Tony
When you have walked in my shoes, done what I've done, seen what I've seen, then maybe you can criticize.
(09-11-2010, 10:35 AM)BlackKnight Wrote:

New Jersey is almost as bad. Thank God I'm an LEO.

Almost?....are JHPs legal to own in NJ by a regular person? Are permits needed for long guns? BTW...I think NYC is even worse....
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
(09-11-2010, 10:41 AM)Tonto Wrote: Almost?....are JHPs legal to own in NJ by a regular person?
No.
Quote: Are permits needed for long guns?
No.
Quote:BTW...I think NYC is even worse....
It is, but not NY State. Go figure.
Tony
When you have walked in my shoes, done what I've done, seen what I've seen, then maybe you can criticize.
Florida has some mild laws. They have a stand your ground law, castle doctrine and allow normal folks to have a conceled carry permit 3 day wait on handgun purchase unless you have a permit or trading in a handgun....SAM

Damn! Mass is really bad, but they even gave ME a Pistol Permit! Tongue

Still in the market for my first one.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Mara Salvatrucha ........... or MS13 as you guys mentioned ................. my money is on the guy with the gun and his wife and children will be dead within a week. He would have been safer had he mowed them all down.

These guys are seriously dangerous, I just finished watching a documentory about them ........ the bloods and crips were the bad boys of their day, but as is the case with all things in life, the modern gangs like MS 13 have evolved in to blood thirsty killers with no remorse or fear.
I don't think a US citizen should have to own anything they don't want to, unless we do away with a volunteer force and follow the Swiss model. I don't really see that working too well or being desirable here.

Tonto is right, many tactical mistakes were made here. Should have holed up, got the cops on their way, and covered entrances. Only so many idiots can come through a confined space like a doorway at a time, Leonidas and Sun Tzu knew this. Big Grin

I wonder about a possible backstory, are conditions in Long Island so bad that throngs of MS-13 just show up on random people's doorsteps? Something seems fishy to me. I can't fathom a situation where it is sheer coincidence that more than 20 gang members - especially a gang like Mara Salvatrucha - just happen to be around or at your house in such numbers without serious provocation or unless this guy has a connection with them or a rival gang. If his neighborhood is that infested, cops seriously need to be sweeping that place nightly.

At any rate, thank God I live where I do. Down here there are no 'warning shots', they would have just plain got their asses blown off. This guy and his family are screwed, if he goes to prison he will not be safe, nor will he and his family if they stay there. I would have moved ages ago if the neighborhood is that bad.

As usual, it is the places with the most restrictive gun and use-of-force laws that are the most violent in the nation.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

(09-11-2010, 11:31 AM)Soulend Wrote: I don't think a US citizen should have to own anything they don't want to, unless we do away with a volunteer force and follow the Swiss model. I don't really see that working too well or being desirable here.

Tonto is right, many tactical mistakes were made here. Should have holed up, got the cops on their way, and covered entrances. Only so many idiots can come through a confined space like a doorway at a time, Leonidas and Sun Tzu knew this. Big Grin

I wonder about a possible backstory, are conditions in Long Island so bad that throngs of MS-13 just show up on random people's doorsteps? Something seems fishy to me. I can't fathom a situation where it is sheer coincidence that more than 20 gang members - especially a gang like Mara Salvatrucha - just happen to be around or at your house in such numbers without serious provocation or unless this guy has a connection with them or a rival gang. If his neighborhood is that infested, cops seriously need to be sweeping that place nightly.

At any rate, thank God I live where I do. Down here there are no 'warning shots', they would have just plain got their asses blown off. This guy and his family are screwed, if he goes to prison he will not be safe, nor will he and his family if they stay there. I would have moved ages ago if the neighborhood is that bad.

Just to add....the gang members on his lawn were having their own "disagreement"....they weren't interested in the guy or his house, until after he went outside with his AK