Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting facts about about your city
Toronto/Mississauga is the eighth most expensive city to live in and more expensive to live in than London, Paris and Sydney, Australia.

It's a dramatic shift for 31st in last year's survey.
><((((*>
Paul
Interesting facts about my city..........I LIVE HERE!!!!! There is nothing more interesting than me!!!!
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
(09-16-2010, 08:36 AM)buckit60 Wrote:
(09-10-2010, 03:17 PM)Gus Wrote: Grand Island
Fact: hit by 7 tornados in one day (show Night of the Twisters was loosely based on it). We have a sledding hill, Tornado Hill, where all the rubble was buried.
Fact: 1/2 million Sandhill Cranes come here every spring.
Fact: We are the 4th largest city in the state, unless the Cornhuskers have a home game, then we are the 5th largest city.
Fact: More non-commuter trains run through Grand Island everyday than other town in the world.

North Platte: well this is the town I have been in for 5 yrs now.

largest rail yard in the world (in the record books)

home of the canteen (where volunteers fed the troops on the trains when heading to war)

was known as little Chicago when building the railroad(brothels,and such,corrupt officials,)

OH and Gus!!!!!!!!!!! I think we have you beat on the trains going through town LOL

was officially named as RAIL TOWN USA by congress recently

Not so fast my rail fever'd friend. The UP aint the only game in town. We also have the North South line, the BNSF goes through in addition to the UP....
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Seattle has a drive thru Espresso stand on nearly every corner. About 40% of them have girls serving coffee in bikins or lingerie.
I like smoking lightning
(09-17-2010, 11:17 AM)carl609 Wrote: Seattle has a drive thru Espresso stand on nearly every corner. About 40% of them have girls serving coffee in bikins or lingerie.

They also have arrogant homeless people..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Where I currently live there's not much interesting worth relating. Where I was raised and work is another story.
Paterson, New Jersey. An interesting City to say the least. Rich in history.
Paterson was nicknamed the "Silk City" due to it's early production of silk. Paterson was the site of early experiments with submarines by John Holland. The Colt Paterson was also built there. The City has also produced some notable celebrities, Lou Duva and Lou Costello to name a few.

Now, Paterson is known for being the 3rd most populated City in the state with having approximately 145,834 people within 8.4 sq. miles (we believe there are more). We've had 27 shootings YTD. Between this and last week alone we had 6 shootings resulting in 11 people getting hit and two homicides.
Tony
When you have walked in my shoes, done what I've done, seen what I've seen, then maybe you can criticize.
Tony I use to live in Newark which is also an interesting place in New Jersey.

A great park (Branch Brook Park) which has beautiful cherry blossom trees.

Great hot dog places, Dickie Dees and Jimmie Bluffs.

And lots and lots of crime.
We moved out in 1966 to Roseland then I got married and lived in Union and from there to Middletown.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Buffalo Bill Cody had a ranch here. Now it's open to tourists

Danny Woodhead is from here. Played for the Jets last year

Couple more things to add to Buckits list
Originally named Terminus because the RR stopped here up until the civil war
A lot of the original city is still here but most will never see it because modern day Atlanta is built on top of it.
The part you can still see is what is now known as Underground Atlanta
We were the home of the 1996 Olympics
According to most cigar manufacturers we have more cigar shops than any other city in the U S. Sitting at 100 right now
We are known as the Hollywood of the south - two more studios being built right now
Also known as San Francisco of the east coast for some reason
Home of the busiest airport in the world

There's se other stuff too but there not coming to me right now
(09-18-2010, 04:32 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Tony I use to live in Newark which is also an interesting place in New Jersey.

A great park (Branch Brook Park) which has beautiful cherry blossom trees.

Great hot dog places, Dickie Dees and Jimmie Bluffs.

And lots and lots of crime.
We moved out in 1966 to Roseland then I got married and lived in Union and from there to Middletown.
I'm very familiar with Newark. That is the largest City in New Jersey.
I was born in NYC and moved with my parents to Paterson in '65. I moved out in '91 when I got married. I live in a suburb of Paterson now.

Anyhoo, sorry about the negatives of the city. There are a lot of hard working people there as well who are trying to make it a better city. It's just been a long and frustrating week.

Tony
When you have walked in my shoes, done what I've done, seen what I've seen, then maybe you can criticize.