Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Take On El Cobre
[attachment=5792]
This stick has an excellent aroma pre lite. Snipped the end and pre draw was good. Toasted end with torch lighter and as it started to burn there was a wonderful strong wood slight leather smell, medium amount of smoke thickness.

Begining of cigar draw was good, now more amounts of smoke and on retro-hailing smoke and slowly letting smoke pass through the corner of my lips, experienced a more wood/leather flavor that was intoxicating. It made me just close my eyes and exhale flavor and smells of rich smoke(instant relaxationBig Grin)[attachment=5800]

About an inch gone ash was nice and uniform grayish ash.

My view while I was enjoying my smoke and getting inspired to write this review.[attachment=5802]

[attachment=5801]
Half way was a little stronger wood and leather with some peppery spice. Now here I thought before the half way mark this is a really good cigar, then It turned into a great cigar with that hidden at that point for me peppery slight flavor.
Was hard to say goodbye to this stick, so I smoked it all the way to the last inch. The entire cigar had a consistant even burn and was a pleasure to tryout. I would definately recommend this cigar as a must try IMO.[attachment=5803]

This smoke was a gift from aracos. Thanks buddy it was great!
Great stick............ Great review Brother
Yes, great review! El Cobre is one of my favorites. Thanks to the good folks here at SC of course, if it weren't for Stogie Chat I probably never would have tried it.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

Thanks guys. I just fixed the pictures so they show up better and in order as I smoked it. It was a very enjoyable smoke and drive that day.
BobbyBig Grin
Nice job.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Easily one of my favorite sticks. I don't think it gets much better for the money. Pound-for-pound, one of the best, IMO.
(09-04-2010, 05:23 PM)Pete Wrote: Easily one of my favorite sticks. I don't think it gets much better for the money. Pound-for-pound, one of the best, IMO.

I agree an excellent smoke for the price..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
El Cobre = "The Official Cigar of Stogie Chat"?
I like Pete's suggestion! Wish I had smoked an El Cobre this evening instead of a yard dart.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

(09-04-2010, 04:27 PM)bigringcigar Wrote: my lips, experienced a more wood/leather flavor that was intoxicating. It made me just close my eyes and exhale flavor and smells of rich smoke(instant relaxationBig Grin)
I dont know why...but it definately made me nervous, that you close your eyes and relax, while driving. SmileSmile

Seriously though.....I had one of these this morning. It was pretty much everything you described, plus some. I was surprised at its strength. A happy surprise. I had no problems with my sinuses while smoking this cigar. Smile
...moving along...nothing left to see here.