Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook. A Necessary Evil
I use Facebook to stay connected to many of my friends and family in Southern California whom I left behind when I moved to northern California. I also use to manage an organization page for my Masonic lodge. However, I learned to stop all of the annoying game posts. If you go to the application page and click on block application you will stop receiving all the annoying crap, like "here's a pig for your farm" stuff. I do this for all the games people play, so I end up only receiving their genuine messages. You can also choose to hide the feed from friends who post crap stuff, yet you would still like to keep in touch once in a while. Doing this has radically cleaned up my Facebook page. However, I rarely post my own stuff. I am either update the org page or I am on StogieChat. Lastly, being a teacher, I have locked up my profile from any non-friends: all they can see is my name and a picture. You can also remove yourself from being searchable.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
I like Fb alot i cant be bothered with MAfia Wars and Farmville that stuff kills me .my wife goes on FB all the time to play all the games bubble breaker
I never had a facebook account don't think I will ever have one. Lately I barley have time for SC I'm so busy.
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
(09-05-2010, 08:18 AM)CigarJohn Wrote: I never had a facebook account don't think I will ever have one. Lately I barley have time for SC I'm so busy.

Read your sig line and start posting again..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I met a new cousin two nights ago. I never met her in person. She is 18 years old. That last time I saw her mother (my aunt) her brothers weren't born yet and they're 22 and 21 respectively. So, I don't know them as well.
Well, now that I befriended her I noticed she's constantly posting some ramblings that I think is supposed to be rap.
To the hidden list she goes. Nice girl but I can't stand that *hit.
Tony
When you have walked in my shoes, done what I've done, seen what I've seen, then maybe you can criticize.
(09-04-2010, 05:28 PM)tafdom Wrote: Great story but a big NO for me. Glad it worked out for you. Way to much info out there anyway. It's more of a "look at me and my life" for most on it and I don't get it. Privacy in my life means more. Way to much evil and people that just cruise those sites hunting. Watch the news and see the problems it has caused. BTW, Craigslist closed the adult services section of its website today.

NoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo Theres goes my second source of income. :p I mean uhhh..
I live two counties West of Toledo, Ohio. (and started my facebook account when I was a student at Ohio State, where it was tremendously helpful.).

Mom and dad live 70 miles south of Tampa, Florida.

My sisters live in the Greater Boston, Massachusetts area.

Facebook is essential for keeping up with family. I dont post as much personal stuff as I used to on there, Mostly pic of Cigars and batches of homebrew.
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool
I have family in South Africa, Australia, and scattered all over the United States. All can be reached via e-mail and telephone.

At least it's better looking than MySpace, most people's pages are like a primer on poor web design.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

(09-05-2010, 08:21 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote:
(09-05-2010, 08:18 AM)CigarJohn Wrote: I never had a facebook account don't think I will ever have one. Lately I barley have time for SC I'm so busy.

Read your sig line and start posting again..

Yes Mum!
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
Maybe I should have rephrased, "Facebook is essential for keeping up with MY Family". I can think of at least two cases of family I keep up with on facebook that I cannot contact via email or phone. Also my youngest sister spent part of the 2000's as a bit of a transient (long unrelated story) but at least she would stop in the local library, log on there and update the family that she was still alive on occasion.
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool