Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travel Humidor Recommendation.
I've got a couple smaller ones. This one:

http://www.famous-smoke.com/perfecto+xlt...item+18152

Isn't bad at all. It was strange, the humidifier is just a little piece of floral foam about the size of an earplug in like a little cage. I figured that it wouldn't work worth a crap. But I wet it and the little hygro went straight to 70 after awhile and stayed there. So I figured the hygro was probably way off..it's just a cheesy-looking little analog. But I dropped a digital hygrometer in there and it was dead on. Only thing I don't like about it is if you put smaller sticks in there or it isn't full they move around so definately keep the cello on.

I have something like this too, from the same company but it only holds 6 (I can't find the exact one, I got it at P.I.):

http://www.amazon.com/Craftsmans-Bench-2...B001NQ0SB6

Also seems to work well, and the foam keeps the sticks from moving around. Both these humis were little combo deals with the box and some cigars.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

i have one of these

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/3540.html

and love it. if you watch that site or sign up for their specials, occasionally they run a buy one, get one free special, and they make great gifts for cigar smoking buddies. my initial one was purchased with that excuse.
wifey: you bought another stupid cigar holder thingy?????
me: they aren't stupid, they're very important for the well being of my cigars. and they were buy one get one free. i bought one for dad, they just sent a freebie for me.
wifey: men! (as she leaves the house to go buy some more nail polish or another pair of shoes)
me: women!
xicar 50 count. ask mario or tank or angel to show you theirs.
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic
I have an X-Treme 50-count along with a few 5-counts, a 30 count, etc...
I have a 30 & 50 ct cigar caddy that I use for herfs but my fav is my Zero Haliburton Diplomat.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
ive always liked this one http://www.cheaphumidors.com/3540.html but it depends on how much capacity you need..the 15 is more then enough for me when i go the lake for a few hours..really the 5 is enough..but im getting the 15 so theres room for my supplies like cutter and torch lighter

With the exception of the Haliburton all of the suggested traveldors will work equally well. About the only differecne is price. Check on c-bid as they normally offer them weekly and it's about the cheapest place around to get them if you win. Otherwise check with Robbie or Cheaper Humidors, they are both members here and it's always nice to support active BOTL.
I have a 15 and a 10 i really want to get a 30 next
Either the Xikar or Cigar Caddy are about the same IMHO. I strongly recommend either of those two. I carry Xikar to deal with one vendor and put my logo on them. One recommendation: go with a size large enough to have the pressure release valve when flying! It is invaluable!
Oh, and no water or PG in those. Humidipak in the winter and nothing at all in the summer works for me. Those things are air tight. You can easily over humidify the cigars...
[Image: CRA_ambassador_seal-smaller.jpg]
Join CRA Today! Click Above!
[Image: RobbieofCordova-2.gif]
(09-05-2010, 03:39 AM)Robbie Wrote: Either the Xikar or Cigar Caddy are about the same IMHO. I strongly recommend either of those two. I carry Xikar to deal with one vendor and put my logo on them. One recommendation: go with a size large enough to have the pressure release valve when flying! It is invaluable!
Oh, and no water or PG in those. Humidipak in the winter and nothing at all in the summer works for me. Those things are air tight. You can easily over humidify the cigars...

never thought about the pressure release valve. nice tip!
--Mike