Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how do you handle the naysayers of our hobby?
(09-01-2010, 08:47 PM)Domniomaestro Wrote:
(09-01-2010, 08:34 PM)carl609 Wrote: If I am bringing more than one cigar, which is almost always the case, I will bring a handful of others to give out. It is cool how much people appreciate being given a cigar.

Well, that kinds of brings up a question that is off this topic, but still relevant.

What kind(s) of cigars do you take to give out? I ask this for a couple reasons. I am working again, but have been unemployed for a long time. So I am still in "frugal-mode". Do you take lower end cigars for pass outs? Or medium range? I know at my local B&M one of the guys that hangs out there....his brother stopped by. After a bit of conversation, he was given an 8 dollar stick. The brother lit it up, smoked maybe an inch of it, and butted it. The guy that I know was a little perturbed at that.

Have you had something like this happen? And if so, how do you handle it?

I generally give out what I myself am smoking (or a lighter bodied equivalent, depending on the recipient) or something of roughly equal worth. I generally dont take super expensive stuff out of the house unless I know well the people who will be smoking. As far as the inch and nubbing thing, I have had it happen several times, and I just consider it part of the cost of spreading the love. Not everyone will be a convert.
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! Cool