Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
whats your smoking technique?
(09-02-2010, 07:30 PM)Medic443stl Wrote: Doc is absolutely one of the smartest most educated cigar guys you can find. I would recommend any newbie to his site stogiefresh.com and listen to his hundreds of podcast and just immerse yourself in all that goodness! Its how i started!

I have his podcasts on my Ipod.
(08-31-2010, 08:28 PM)wtfdic Wrote: So i tried the blowing through the cigar thing tonight and i think i like it. Thanks Skipper. Also i tried to retrohale but did not have much luck with that. I just could not get it to work. i will keep trying.

When I first tried this I had the same problem I actually practice by sucking on a cough drop (Honey / spearmint) etc. I would breath in and practice exhaling thru my nose. It actually works..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
thanks for the tip MUM ill give it a shot.
--Mike
I watched them pod cast too pretty interesting trying that retrohale thingy not that easy....SAM
still having issues with the retrohale. just cant get it. but while having a smoke with the misses she can just naturally do it with no problems. so now i gut her rubbing it in that she can do it and i cant. this is not going to end well! LOL more practice for me i guess.
--Mike
i just tryed this for the first time with a cain "F' and i nearly killed myself choking to death..lol

yea someone warned me about that LOL Smile
--Mike
guys.... if it's uncomfortable, then why are you doing it? Also, if it's uncomfortable, then maybe that's your body telling you it's not a good idea for health reasons. I did this a few times. Didn't like it and that's that.

By the way, you really want to enjoy the aroma of a cigar, give one to your friend, let him smoke it while you smoke nothing. It's the only way to truly smell a cigar and its pure incense.
(09-09-2010, 01:14 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: guys.... if it's uncomfortable, then why are you doing it? Also, if it's uncomfortable, then maybe that's your body telling you it's not a good idea for health reasons. I did this a few times. Didn't like it and that's that.

By the way, you really want to enjoy the aroma of a cigar, give one to your friend, let him smoke it while you smoke nothing. It's the only way to truly smell a cigar and its pure incense.
the funny thing is i can do it all day when i smoke my hookah, so i was surprised i wasnt able to with a cigar..then again when trying something for the first time its not a good idea to start with such a strong cigar..

yea i don't know yet i am going to give it some more time and see if it comes to me if not then i guess i just can not do it. I enjoyed cigars before and will continue to enjoy after!
--Mike
Cut, Light, Smoke. Tongue
(08-31-2010, 12:01 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: this subject blows.

I mean blow.
I blow into my cigars often. Some times before every puff. It pushes the burn towards any ends that are thinking about not burning and really opens up the flame. It also purges out the stale smoke there since your last puff which, if cooled can get nasty.
Try it, you'll find your cigars may taste less bitter. They will burn better for sure.

This is exactly how I smoke, and Skipper is the man who recommended it to me.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"