Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does this phase ever pass or am i doomed?
seriously at first it was funny, but myself and my girl are starting to get worried, for up to a hour i will pull all my cigars out and look at them and admire them..smell them..even my girl at times looks at me like wtf are you doing..i mean at first it was for about 10-15 minutes but now i waste an hour everyday admiring..now keep in mind i dont have any god of fires or padrons 1926..but still i love them..i mean i look at my cigars more then i look at P0RN..does this ever blow over and its not such a big deal anymore a cigar is a cigar..or do others also spend time with there cigars as if they are there first born child? but i mean its a hobby right? you dont only enjoy your hobby when its in use

My guess is "doomed" and ain't nuthing wrong with it either. I may not admire as long as you, but I love to open up my humidor and get a whiff of the tobacco and spanish cedar, especially if it is too late to pull out a stick for a smoke. However, it is only in anticipatory for getting to light one up.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
I don't think I've ever gawked at my cigars for anywhere approaching an hour. Or even 15 minutes. I look at 'em when I get 'em, when I rotate the sticks, and when I'm smoking them. I do get a whiff when I'm checking a hygro, like DL I love that smell, and I'll peek at them to make sure mold isn't growing on them or something.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

It was hard but i have learned to resist the temptation. I needed to get out of the habit of opening the humidor all the time to look at them. Now the only times i see them are when i get new ones, when i am getting one out or doing some maintenance in the humi. Now that i am writing this i think i miss them. Smile
--Mike
You got the sickness, no doubt about it..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I've been known to do something similar for sure...
"HAVE LONGSHIP, WILL HERF!!!"
No it's not a phase and yes you are doomed.
I do not have the sickness that you guys are talking about Big Grin
(08-23-2010, 12:23 PM)steve047 Wrote: I do not have the sickness that you guys are talking about Big Grin

Neither do I...We have a different sickness!!!
"Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace."
Raul Julia

R.I.P: Angel F. Tamame, Deb Krekovich, John Axisa, Jr.
I still do that after 20+ years and my GF does it with me.