Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the Cigar Memoirs
I also keep a journal with my bands.

[Image: 15960a10.jpg]

[Image: b87014c1.jpg]

I only add new bands. For example if I have two Tatuaje Cojonu 09 bands, I only tape in the one and toss the other in a plastic cup. I never throw away bands. I also add notes about the cigar: blend, vitola, etc., and I will grade them on a scale of one to ten (ten being the best). In this way, I can look back and see what I like to get it again, or avoid it if it was a dog rocket.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
I do much the same thing. I started out doing something like Diamond Lion is doing - I had one band per page with a review and detailed notes. After awhile I gave this up, it just seemed too much like work.

Now I keep one band from each type - I even have some machine made crap in there. If it doesn't have a band I cut out some box insignia or whatever. I just use an old composition book. Duplicates are stuck on the front or back cover or just thrown away.

Lousy phone pics, but you get the idea. I started out having one row per set of facing pages but it won't be long before I have to go back and start filling in the left-hand pages too.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

Great stuff guys!

I have all of my bands as well, and hopefully I can do something worthwhile with them someday.
This is my boomstick!
I recently gave a whole bunch of my bands away to a person on another forum. Some people make picture frames (Bluesman), while others (PO) put them on a wet bar. The thread is buried somewhere..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
too much work...
I fish hard-it's like work
I dive-it's like work
work, it's like work
my commute it's like work
Heck, keeping my woman happy is like work...
I try to keep my cigar smoking as simple as possible.
(08-23-2010, 01:27 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: too much work...
I dive-it's like work
work, it's like work

Nice! Big Grin
--Mike
(08-23-2010, 01:27 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: too much work...
I dive-it's like work
work, it's like work

Bowtotheking
This is my boomstick!
thank good i have a photographic memory.
><((((*>
Paul