Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
for those with larger humidors
another thing is i worry alot about my temp and humidity levels, if its not glass i will end up opening the door 20 times a day to make sure everything is right
(08-20-2010, 09:25 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: My end table cabinet is all solid wood. I could of gotten a glass door but declined for a few reasons:
1. I didn't want to have my wife see what's inside;
2. I believe it's better not to have a glass front for temperature etc purposes,
3. I open my door and the stogies just fall out as the thing is packed so it would look meesy with a glass door..

tsk tsk Mr. Mum. We can't have an unsightly humi...send me those pesky stogies that keep "falling out", and before you know it, you'll have a nice and tidy humi.
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
(08-20-2010, 09:31 PM)Matt-N-Ga. Wrote:
(08-20-2010, 09:25 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: My end table cabinet is all solid wood. I could of gotten a glass door but declined for a few reasons:
1. I didn't want to have my wife see what's inside;
2. I believe it's better not to have a glass front for temperature etc purposes,
3. I open my door and the stogies just fall out as the thing is packed so it would look meesy with a glass door..

tsk tsk Mr. Mum. We can't have an unsightly humi...send me those pesky stogies that keep "falling out", and before you know it, you'll have a nice and tidy humi.

i agree, you know the rule..once a cigar hits the floor its considered bad luck to smoke it yourself you need to pass it to someone else..lol so let a few of those god of wars hit the carpet wont ya..lol
(08-20-2010, 09:29 PM)denali7432 Wrote: another thing is i worry alot about my temp and humidity levels, if its not glass i will end up opening the door 20 times a day to make sure everything is right

If that is a problem, you can grab a hygrometer with wireless sensors...

http://www.amazon.com/Oregon-Scientific-...gy_k_img_b

I have one of these with three sensors - one at the top, middle, and bottom of my cab. Plus it does the ambient room temp/humidity.

You can start with one sensor and expand as necessary...
(08-21-2010, 01:53 AM)MaytagMan Wrote:
(08-20-2010, 09:29 PM)denali7432 Wrote: another thing is i worry alot about my temp and humidity levels, if its not glass i will end up opening the door 20 times a day to make sure everything is right

If that is a problem, you can grab a hygrometer with wireless sensors...

http://www.amazon.com/Oregon-Scientific-...gy_k_img_b

I have one of these with three sensors - one at the top, middle, and bottom of my cab. Plus it does the ambient room temp/humidity.

You can start with one sensor and expand as necessary...
looks interesting, i will look into it, thanx

Or you could just relax and not worry about it so much. I check my numbers about once every couple of days or so, if that. Never lost one yet. Or just get a set and forget.
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
- Robert E. Howard

[Image: 1bc4f12b9dc4c6d90564fc11a3f6a43a.gif]

OK... the fans are NOT to distribute humidity.
Evaporation requires energy. Ever notice how evaporating water gets colder (think of the purpose of sweat). In the case of a humidor the energy is in the form of momentum or as you may recognize it as the breeze from the fan. This is energy that is used to liberate the water into vapor.