Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mi Barrio (blended by Pepin)
I have to start by thanking Bluesman for first posting a pic of himself smoking this stick and then for recommending it and posting a link to FSS so I could purchase this baby. I picked up an 8 stick sampler (4 sizes times 2 each).

The stick I chose as my first was the El Billetero (5 3/4 X 52). This stick open up with some serious pepper spice and was sort of cross between a typical Pepin profile and an Avo LE 10. Since the LE 10 is one of favorite sticks, this was a pleasant surprise. It also had a sweetness that lingered on the long finish with the pepper, that I could quite put my finger on to classify.

About 1 1/2 inches in, a la LE 10, it began to lose alot of the pepper and picked up a very nutty profile mixed with some leather. By the halfway point, I'm really missing the opening spice but still enjoying the nuttiness and the sweetness has been replaced by a dark chocolate flavor which is also enjoyable.

I should mention that this stick is truly beautiful. The artwork on the band is wonderful and the stick itself is very oily and I found no soft or really hard spots. The draw was a little on the loose side which provided tons of thick smoke. Burn line was near razor and had no burn issues other than it likes to be smoked and was only about an hour stick.

Last third was pretty similar to the second third but a few new flavors crept into the background which I could not identify but enjoyed. I smoked this bad boy well past the band.

Overall, this was VERY enjoyable and I'll be picking up some more from Famous. Thanks again Bluesman.
Nice review Ernie...looking into getting me a few of these sticks. Seems like the sampler may be the way to go!!!
"Maybe it's like becoming one with the cigar. You lose yourself in it; everything fades away: your worries, your problems, your thoughts. They fade into the smoke, and the cigar and you are at peace."
Raul Julia

R.I.P: Angel F. Tamame, Deb Krekovich, John Axisa, Jr.
(08-13-2010, 07:52 AM)iSmoke Wrote: Nice review Ernie...looking into getting me a few of these sticks. Seems like the sampler may be the way to go!!!

Ditto on that. Excellent review..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Nice review. Sounds like a good stick. May have to try.
--Mike
yeah nice job, I'm going to have to pick some of these up too
No Justice, No Peace!
Excellent!!! El Billetero is my favorite.