Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Partagas Black Label Magnifico
I stopped by my local B&M to pick up some smokes and a torch lighter to celebrate after I finish my summer classes, and grabbed two of these sticks along with a Padron 2000 and Olivia Serie G Churchill.
6x54 size, Dark black wrapper that was fairly veiny, as most of them seemed to be. The wrapper leaves an oily residue on your fingers, which I didn't notice until it started rubbing off onto my book as I turned the pages.
Pre-light: the draw was fairly tight, which was expected after feeling the cigar. These are wrapped tight. I also noticed the wrapper leaves a spicy flavor on the lips, which wasn't unpleasant.
Initial: Spiciness like black pepper and harsh smoke.
First third: Spicy flavor profile, gradually giving way to a kind of Colombian-esque coffee taste, like dark coffee with some acidity. Leaves a lingering spiciness.
Second third: Creamy notes start to come through, smoother coffee flavor along with maybe dark chocolate. I didn't taste any spice until after I exhale, and the spiciness was left on the palate again.
Final third: The chocolate and cream give way to ever-increasing spiciness and harshness as I got closer to the nub, didn't detect much else, though I don't have the best palate.
This bad-boy took a little under two hours and 15 minutes to smoke, and I let it go out with about 3/4 of an inch left.
Overall, I enjoyed this one, but much preferred the crystal tubo version that Eric included in a sampler pack. I found the tubo (at least the one I tried) had much more cream and coffee notes, which I enjoyed more than the spiciness. Definitely a full-bodied smoke, I'm still on a bit of a nic buzz and I put it down half an hour ago.
Thanks for the review..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
nice review..thanks
Great job on the review, and congrats on being done with the summer classes!
This is my boomstick!
Thanks for the review!!
I started the sit down video.....The Transporter!!
Great review. It reminded me that I had one from last year in my humi. Smoked it tonight and it was toned down a little strength wise but flavors had blended nicely in 12 months. Wish I had a couple left with some age.

Ernie