Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
lighter leaks
Hi all,

I have a ligher that I got as a free gift from a site. It's a torch style, but I don't know who makes it.

It worked great for 3 months. But now when I use it, I press down on the sparker, the little door opens, and butane starts to flow. Some times it takes a few clicks before it lights.

But now what happens, when I release the button, the butane keeps flowing. It won't shut off, and flows until it's empty. The gas is comming from the top, where the flame comes from. I'm kind of pissed, because it would take a long time to get a new one out here.

Thanks all
I had a lighter that did that.  It got old real fast.  I ended up throwing it in the garbage.

Now days, I just use a bic.  It never lets me down.
I've read, and been told many times that using gas lighters will ruin the taste of the sticks. How  much does it really change things?
flash Wrote:I've read, and been told many times that using gas lighters will ruin the taste of the sticks. How  much does it really change things?
I can't really tell the difference.  If I'm not mistaken a bic uses butane, and not that nasty stuff you find in a zippo.
I believe bics also use sort of a dirty butane, or maybe its teh way it burns but it does leave an ash behind which is the sorce of...  (uggh trying to type all smart like and being extremely tired deosnt work well.  can't think of the words!  haha )

... sorce of claims to changing the taste.
But if you can't notice a difference, then go for it.  Wink

btw I think I asked this before, but lost track of teh thread but where are you at Flash?

I have one that does that now and again, and all I have to do is turn the adjustment down a notch, fixes it right up.
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!
Looks like you got what you paid for. [pirate2]
flash Wrote:Hi all,

I have a ligher that I got as a free gift from a site. It's a torch style, but I don't know who makes it.

It worked great for 3 months. But now when I use it, I press down on the sparker, the little door opens, and butane starts to flow. Some times it takes a few clicks before it lights.

But now what happens, when I release the button, the butane keeps flowing. It won't shut off, and flows until it's empty. The gas is comming from the top, where the flame comes from. I'm kind of pissed, because it would take a long time to get a new one out here.

Thanks all

Time for a new lighter,if you plan on smoking cigars for a while,buy a good one. And read this....

http://www.stogiechat.com/cigar-forum/vi...forum_id=6

I'm stuck in Afghanistan for the next 6 months.

I need to get a nice lighter, but it's kind of a pain in the ass, the only butane is here a very low quality no name local brand. It sucks, I think that getting a new lighter out here, with no quality butane will be kind of pointless.

Ha, funny thing, we can't get Bics here either. We get crap quality disposables. I think I'll end up upsing matches, hopefully I'll end up getting really good with them.