Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple Goofed again?
A free case??????????????? LOL

Apple CEO on iPhone trouble: `We're not perfect'

Apple's Jobs admits `We're not perfect' as company faces iPhone antenna troubles.

Companies:Apple Inc..On Friday July 16, 2010, 1:27 pm
CUPERTINO, Calif. (AP) -- Apple CEO Steve Jobs is responding to growing complaints about the latest iPhone by declaring, "We're not perfect."

Apple Inc. has been beset with complaints from buyers of its iPhone 4 that holding the phone with a bare hand can muffle the wireless signal. The problem has been termed the "death grip."

At a news conference Friday in Cupertino, Calif., Jobs declared, "This is life in the smart phone world. Phones aren't perfect, and it's a challenge for the whole industry."

Jobs also says the problem isn't widespread. He says just over five out of every thousand users have complained to Apple's warranty service.

On Monday, Consumer Reports said it refused to recommend the phone and called on Apple to compensate buyers.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Did you hear about the class action lawsuits? Of course within the 30 money back guarantee? Just return the damn phone if you don't like it.
they are coming out with a new holder for when you use it as a phone...
you just unscrew the top and stick in your phone

[Image: istockphoto_1004501_old_telephone_receiver.jpg]
Applegate or BP all over again. LOL

Earlier, Apple said the problem with the phone was primarily a software issue, with iPhones displaying more cell phone signal "bars" than they should have been -- leaving people who believed they had a strong signal frustrated by dropped calls. Apple issued a software update Thursday it said would make the number of bars shown on the phone's face more accurate.

Analysts have criticized Apple's first responses to reports of reception problems as dismissive, and cautioned that the company shouldn't come across as arrogant.

But Consumer Reports painted the problem as much broader. On Friday, the magazine said the free cases were "a good first step toward Apple identifying and finding a solution for the signal-loss problem of the iPhone

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

either way there quality control and testing sucks.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
what they should do is ship FIXED phones to all the AT&T stores and allow customers to swap out their phone for a fixed one. They can easily backup the entire phone and restore it to a new one. then Apple could fix the bad ones and have some kind of refurbished special and still make a killing on them. Nobody wants some stupid case. For me a case would not even work because I have a case with an extended battery on my 3GS (for instance). Others might want a colored case, or don't like the bulky case...or paid $40 at the AT&T store for a leather carrier to put the phone in which will not fit with another case on the phone.

Apple is being an ass about it. Exchange is the only way to make things right. Also, I think they will try to charge you a restocking fee of 20%....I know Verizon pulls that shit if you get a phone and decide you don't like it within the first 30 days.
Case isnt gonna fix a damn thing...
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic